Spitfire Audio's Free Orchestral Library - [FIRST LOOK]

drex

superpimp trillionaire
Battle Points: 11
aka idk? I mean, thanks, but I read the definition before I asked the question, the question occurred to me before I finished watching the video the first time (I still watched it twice to see If I missed something), despite that and your response I still don't know if delay or some other effect would help cover the missing legato. how do you apply anti-legato? is that similar to voice count? note cut off?

drex

superpimp trillionaire
I might do a review in two weeks, if I can figure this thing out in time.

Shout out @slimegreenbeats
slime shout out.png

YannFer

The Mr Bernard Who Laughs
Battle Points: 166
aka idk? I mean, thanks, but I read the definition before I asked the question, the question occurred to me before I finished watching the video the first time (I still watched it twice to see If I missed something), despite that and your response I still don't know if delay or some other effect would help cover the missing legato. how do you apply anti-legato? is that similar to voice count? note cut off?

Legato is a style of playing an instrument where one note glides into the next. So the pitch changes but it's like a single note in terms of envelope. If you dont have legato, you will have the note's attack everytime you hit a new note. If you're going for bowed instruments to sound natural you will probably need this at some point...
... And I don't think delay could achieve that. pitch shifter fx might but it won't sound as natural as a real layer playing the legato and Spitfire Audio sampling it imo.

The synth line of Nuthin' but a "g" thang is a great example of legato playin'. It's like this, like that and like this and...

the best use for legato Ive come across personally is with bass lines, instead of having every note of the bass have a strong attack, legato takes away the attack of the overlapped notes(overlapping notes creates legato in some plugins), so that the bass is a lot smoother.

drex

superpimp trillionaire
Legato is a style of playing an instrument where one note glides into the next. So the pitch changes but it's like a single note in terms of envelope. If you dont have legato, you will have the note's attack everytime you hit a new note. If you're going for bowed instruments to sound natural you will probably need this at some point...
... And I don't think delay could achieve that. pitch shifter fx might but it won't sound as natural as a real layer playing the legato and Spitfire Audio sampling it imo.

The synth line of Nuthin' but a "g" thang is a great example of legato playin'. It's like this, like that and like this and...
Thank you. the part about the initial attack finally made it clear for me.

I might do a review in two weeks, if I can figure this thing out in time.

Shout out @slimegreenbeats View attachment 5388
Thanks for the shoutout my friend, this pandemic break has been great for my career, meeting such great people and learning so much. Lets keep the grind up!

If you don't mind me asking what pole is this from? Ironically I just registered to vote for the first time lol

drex

superpimp trillionaire
Thanks for the shoutout my friend, this pandemic break has been great for my career, meeting such great people and learning so much. Lets keep the grind up!

If you don't mind me asking what pole is this from? Ironically I just registered to vote for the first time lol
Spitfire audio required a survey be completed as partial qualification to download their free symphony library. it might not be much but it also might put your work in front of the right person.

YannFer

The Mr Bernard Who Laughs
Battle Points: 166
the best use for legato Ive come across personally is with bass lines, instead of having every note of the bass have a strong attack, legato takes away the attack of the overlapped notes(overlapping notes creates legato in some plugins), so that the bass is a lot smoother.
This makes me think I always loved the bassline in the intro of "sing for the moment" by Eminem. Great example of bassline legato.

members online