Standing up or sitting down?

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
I'm not talking about urinating...and we all know Dacalion likes to sit down when he pees......

but I'm referring to those with MPC/Maschine/other Pad controllers.....

When working on a joint, do you rather stand up and bang on the pads or sit down?

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
lmao, didn't 50 make a song about you called "wangster"? Seriously though, I sit most of the time I make beats because I'm usually doing other things within the program that requires me to sit as I'm making them but to really get into your beat, standing is better imo. You can use your whole body while you're in that groove vs just being able to bop your head while sitting in a chair.

On that note, I'm surprised you asked that question because I thought you needed to know HOW to make a beat first! =)

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
On that note, I'm surprised you asked that question because I thought you needed to know HOW to make a beat first! =)

I do...I need to get the whole technique first.

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
I usually stand up about 99% of the time, but only cuz thats the way my studio is set up. If I had a nice stool Id probably sit down more. I basically need to be higher up then my office chair allows so I just stand.

Da IllFellaz

Knee Deep In Da Beats
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 125
if you dont stand up and wildout at some point when making a beat then the beat aint that hot.... two cents... forget techniques, its about head nods... if i can stand on my head and make a hot beat, then ima buy me a helmet....

mogrizzly

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 2
I prefer to stand, but after all the years I put into this craft, I'd rather sit and kick my legs up, so my chic has easy access. lol

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
I prefer to stand, but after all the years I put into this craft, I'd rather sit and kick my legs up, so my chic has easy access. lol

ha.

Those days for me are over....When I'm doing a beat, I'm on my grind, there's another time for that kind of stuff.

She knows to not bother me when I'm in music mode.......

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
if you dont stand up and wildout at some point when making a beat then the beat aint that hot.... two cents... forget techniques, its about head nods... if i can stand on my head and make a hot beat, then ima buy me a helmet....

Wish I could find one that fits me.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
Sucio, here's what I suggest...don't worry about standing or sitting, sale everything you own and find another hobby, clearly music production isn't your thing.

VKUSH

ill o.g.
actually I sit on a bar stool thats pretty high so it feels like i'm standing, but because i'm a fat lazy fuck I like to sit...lmao all jokes aside I stand up when making a beat... good question though

God Dark

ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
I sit, but like others said. That's because of my studio setup and I'm usually multi-tasking.

HIMbeats

ill o.g.
Both. Stand when I am on the pads...too many years of djing I guess and sitting at the desk for everything else.

members online