::: Start Your Production Career Right :::

Ominous

OminousRed.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
Ashanti vs Parker

Some of you guys probably already know about this and that is good for you. The more you know, the better. But I didn't because I don't do so well with pop culture or current events. I am going to try to paraphrase this:

1. Ashanti was in the basement like the rest of us

2. Her Mom's boyfriend was a producer

3. He tried to develop Ashanti and signed her to a contract

4. He got a $$$ offer to release her out of his contract

5. He never got paid after she sold 6 million records and won a Grammy

6. He sued her for $600,000 and won

7. But due to technicality he only got $50,000

8. He had to prove he was entitled to that much using certain criteria

9. Using the criteria, his lawyer proved he was actually entitled to 2 million bucks

10. He won, but her lawyers were able to prove that he never STARTED HIS BUSINESS CORRECTLY so the contracts weren't enforcable and he ended up with less than the $50,000 he was gonna get in the fist place.

Get your production business licensed and get a tax ID and copyright your work. Props is all you will ever get for you work if you don't do it right. And you might not even get that because you know how fools be hating. Go to your local Chamber of Conference and find out more if you need to.

Some links:
http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1000989695

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ashanti_(singer)

www.chamberofcommerce.com/

A B

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 32
Damn thats crazy, definately makes you think. Seems like both sides had good lawyers though, which is another important thing to have on your side

A B

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 32
Can anyone point me to the whole stroy?? Id really like to read it.

Ominous

OminousRed.com
ill o.g.
^^^ If you click on thoise links i put in there you can see what the fuss was about. The wikipedia link is cool.

You guys know she had a sex video clip leak online right?

Ominous

OminousRed.com
ill o.g.
^^^ One word... Google.

My cousin showed it to me. If it wasn't her, it looked a lot like her. How many girls yo uknow look like Ashanti?