startin to look at my next soundcard

T

The Bastard

i been rockin a maudio revolution this pass year and im ready for a pro soundcard with multiple ins and outs, so far it looks like im goin wit the lexicon Omega Desktop Recording Studio , i like the 7 ins it has and multiple outs, only thing im worried about is latency due to the usb, but i do believe it has latency control, if anyone has this can u drop some knowledge about it,why u like it why u dont, the other option is the emu 1212M Master-Level Recording System . i kinda wanted to steer away from a pci based card but this looks like a good deal too

T

The Bastard

well i went ahead and ordered the lexicon anyway,since no1 knows about it ill let yall know about it when i get it ;)

T

The Bastard

ok i got this and its hot garbage, the inputs are straight butthe mic inputs are muddy,ugly wit no eq. u can eq it after and spend a long as time tryin to get it sound good, but u can do that with any soundcard,got it today,getting shipped back today. im lookin at the E-mu 1212M now,prolly gunna cop that,any1 have it

SyN

SUICYCO MANIA
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
wish i would have read this one sooner... i would have told you to never get the omega... a good reason for that is to look at how quick the old lexicon core card did... not sooooo good... and besides... i havent known anybody that ever used the omega and liked it... you just assured me on that... the emu stuff is pretty nice on the other hand... good luck with it... great company (not that lexicon isnt... i just never liked their sound cards)

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
Dam BASTARD, im sorry i didnt see yer thread sooner....That sux tha quality is wack...I was gonna drop mention that I copped tha EMU 1820 a while back and that thing is fucking rock solid, made well, looks dope(not that that matters:)), and most of all it has rediculous ins and outs. Check it out again if yer returning tha LEX...

STEEZ

RigorMortis

Army Of Darkness
ill o.g.
well it kinda looks like i am going to join the emu family anytime soon!

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Rigor...

LOL....I tell u, i could be a dam sells man....haha..But yo, peep tha EMULATOR X PACKS too...they look cool cuz of tha bundled software, tho i wouldnt need tha midi time clock daughter card, i have no use for it. Anyways, if u got tha doe, u might wanna cop tha EMULATOR package with tha 1820m i guess it is....

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
hehe, we already got the package so we dont need to buy it.

MTC? you can sync your mpc with that. Pretty usefull.

And... mr sales agent, have you been paying attention and installed the V1.60 update ?

( hint hint, vst support and better wdm drivers)

RigorMortis

Army Of Darkness
ill o.g.
i had that card in mind even befor you bought it ;)
but i didnt have the money..
now i managed to come up with some funds.. creepy man biz..

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Right on...Im feelin tha card, and its a good choice...I was originally against even talkin tha tower apart at first and putin a card in tha computer...I would have rather bought a firewire breakout box at first that didnt need a pci card. But now, im glad i bought tha card with tha Box instead.

RigorMortis

Army Of Darkness
ill o.g.
so you copped the 1820m with breakout box?

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
yup. it's not what you'd call a pro farm card plus it lacks dsp support to leave you some cpu to run your programs and vst. Just match out the specs.

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
The M implies to the converter used in the card, the converters that are also used in Digidesign 002's and HD192. So you might've been better off with a 1212M hehe.

A

ACEBEATZ

M-Audio is a great company. You'll never go wrong choosing one of they're product.
Try tha Delta 1010. You got a cool rackmountable box that will help eliminate pc parasites.
Converters are bombs for the price.

I know poeple have tried the echo layla and we're very very satisfied.

You can find tha 20 bit version for half the price it was listed cuz of the new 24 bits.

If you're like me and still work in 16 bits you'll be very happy with that card and you'll keep money in your pocket!!

Holla Ace

eXampuL_oNe

LOW-PRO
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
yeah m-audio is off the books wit it... I just copped a delta 1010lt which is dope as fuck! A little too many ins and outs for me but the quality is what i needed... I still havent used it to its capabilites and im already satisfied with it, good bang for your buck.. Phantom power XLR inputs would have been a nice feature though....

members online