starting reason racks

bhunt

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I have seen some pretty dope set up racks. So I'm wondering what do most people use in there start up racks to get that sound that they want.

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
imma go in order.
Mixer
Subtractor
Malstrom
NN19 (although I usually switch it for an NNxt later)
NNxt
NNxt
NNxt (add more as i go along)
Dr. Rex (when im sampling)
ReDrum

and thats about it. sometimes i dont need the malstrom. or the dr. rex so i just take those out. but the NNxt is pretty much all u need. and subtractor for that hyperbottom, if u use it.

bhunt

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
proboly want I meant to say is how you have your effects routed and stuff, I have seen some crazy setups and I seen solaces set an he had a much better sound than I get coming out of reason, but a much more complex rack setup, so I was looking for some ideas

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
oh. lmao. thats all in the mixing. for example if you have a piano patch comming thru the nnxt you might want it to look like this

NNXT
|_Reverb Device
Digital Delay_|

Redrum
|_reverb on the claps only. ur gonna have to go into the wiring for that

its mostly in your mixing and how you Want it to sound. I'd say if his sound is better, he probably knows what hes trying to make, and just goes thru the motions to make it happen

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
yup thats why i described my rack with no effects on it. i like to have the sound modules there tho. so i can just go to it

bhunt

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I make about 99 percent sampled joints and I usually just start with a mixer, distorion, reverb and a redrum, but now I'm starting to get into this custom rack thing, but i want the illest rack I can use. I made a few multiband compressors and I got a low end theory combinator, and a few other joints, but I still like to see what I can learn from other cats who using the program

kojo

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
i rewire to Cubase so in cubase i got a template for a reason rewire device with like 44 channels selected (i dont use the L and R mix). then i got like 12 group tracks. in Reason i just have the hardware interface and a redrum with each of the stereo outputs going into the hardware interface. this way, in cubase i can apply vst effects on a particular drum or group of snares. PSP vintage warmer, EQ, and room verb are my typical FX for that. then in reason ill create a combinator, put a mixer inside and have several NNXT patches and pan them in the combinator mixer accordingly, it makes stuff sound much more full. if its a sample-based track its very simple to add an equalizer inside the combinator. i then apply vst FX in cubase.

Sacred One

I Am One Of God Producers
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
wanna hear crazy, Master Suite, then my main mixer that has 4 aux

1. Maximizer
2. Chorus/Flanger
3. Phaser
4. Reverb

then i have a NNXT then a mixer that also have the same 4 aux for the Redrum

the first 4 tracks in the redrum has one for the left and right and the rest just has one
and each track of the redrum has EQ