Stock Market

x-squizet

Roll Tide Roll
ill o.g.
Yo has any of yall thought about investing in stocks, right now in my government and economics class we are playing a virtual stock market game, I have been doing research on certain companys even and it seems cool even tho its a gamble. it stills seems cool to invest a couple thousand dollars into a couple stocks and let the bitches grow.

I remember seeing google around 30-60 bucks a share now its up to 300+ a share look at it if you bought google when its was 30 bucks and you sell now you give back your money and then some.

I am actually thinking about researching a good company and invest some money.

I feel like I should venture out into some other ish than the norm.

ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
I currently own a few stocks, it can definitely pay off if you do your research

diversification is the key

stocks like google and wal-mart were gold mines if you got in at the beginning, same goes for microsoft

its hard to know what companies will end up being that big even with research

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
i intend to invest some side money and play it like a game. there is a system I ahve that will potentially make me a millionaire by the time i hit 70. but im not that patient

5th Sequence

Hip Hop Head, Certified
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 198
Just a word of advice. Buy a few books on it before gettin into it. It can be very lucrative but you can also lose all of your shit quick lol. I've read about 6 or so books years back and successfully traded and made money. Then I lost the few hundred I had made and then the few hundred i invested. Just helps if you know what to look for.

It's a good idea though. Something more safe would be mutual funds. I want to invest in real estate when I can afford to.

FSC

Royal Souf Productions
ill o.g.
i always wanted to invest.. But i didn't know how to go about doing so.. Then all of those crooked bastards got in trouble for stealin money and cheating share holders and all that. so that threw me off again...

tricky spinz

Dead Man Walkin
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 12
yea, if you've got the spare cash then it's not a bad idea. but you gotta be careful because it IS addictive and a lot of people become addicted to it because it's basically just like gambling. my grandfather was really addicted to playing the market for a while and he got into some financial trouble because of it.

here's what i would recommend,

never put all your eggs in one basket.
look for the LONG TERM win, not the short term.
MUTUAL FUNDS. this is a great way to make sure you have a wide range of stocks and you're unlikely to get fucked over.

basically what i was taught is that you should invest in some mutual funds early and just let them sit. just let them sit there and don't touch them no matter what happens. because of the way the economy is you will inevitably make money if you just leave them be for 40 years because the economy is always growing, so eventually you will see some gains.

that's all i know. of course, i've haven't put it into practice yet.

berserk

Monster Music
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
how does one go about purchasing stocks? i've often thought about it...

x-squizet

Roll Tide Roll
ill o.g.
you can purchase stocks through an online company like fidelity and you have a cheap payment for ever stock you buy, or you can go through a broker which is damn expensive.

yea I watch mad money alot by joy cramer that dude is crazy and smart, plan on getting his book to called real money, also might get a stock market for dummies book.

eXampuL_oNe

LOW-PRO
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
Yeah, my brother does this full time. There are ways to make alot of money guaranteed. Pairs trading is a good example. And Buying calls and puts on a stock so you make money either way it goes. Calls, make money when the stock goes up. Puts, make money when the stock goes down. But, their is a good amount of research that does need to be done like evereyone said.