Stranger Things beat...

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
I like it. 'cause I like that kind of bass sound and synths n stuff.

Kick might be too 'knocky' for me on its eq notch. I wasn't keen on the piano chord, it didn't feel the right vibe for me (happens in my own beats sometime, play seemingly the 'right' chord, but just feels too bright.)

Battle Points: 30
I like it. 'cause I like that kind of bass sound and synths n stuff.

Kick might be too 'knocky' for me on its eq notch. I wasn't keen on the piano chord, it didn't feel the right vibe for me (happens in my own beats sometime, play seemingly the 'right' chord, but just feels too bright.)
Awesome that's for the feedback. I tried to throw some keys for a soft break down. But on 2nd thought, maybe it wasn't really needed.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
Awesome that's for the feedback. I tried to throw some keys for a soft break down. But on 2nd thought, maybe it wasn't really needed.
I try to resist the temptation. I'll make a beat, it'll be dope, and i'll be like, 'what should i add on this end bar' ... 'piano...' and it'll sound good, but it'll instantly tie the record back to my old(er) style. Which ain't necessarily a bad thing, but smetimes I'm trying to make something away from that.

But yeah, sometimes the note that the chord would land on, happens to be like a major chord, and it just feels wrong in relation to the rest of the vibe. That's what I kinda got with yours - reminds me of when I've used the right chord, and it doesn't sound wrong, just feels wrong. If that makes any sense

I try to resist the temptation. I'll make a beat, it'll be dope, and i'll be like, 'what should i add on this end bar' ... 'piano...' and it'll sound good, but it'll instantly tie the record back to my old(er) style. Which ain't necessarily a bad thing, but smetimes I'm trying to make something away from that.

But yeah, sometimes the note that the chord would land on, happens to be like a major chord, and it just feels wrong in relation to the rest of the vibe. That's what I kinda got with yours - reminds me of when I've used the right chord, and it doesn't sound wrong, just feels wrong. If that makes any sense
Nah I feel you on that. And it makes sense. I have alot of shit Beats I go back to here and there. And usually takes one big change and boom it's ready

TWU

The.Widely.Unknown

Music wise it's there, solid beat. I like the part where you speed things up with the double hihats and noise gate filter on the sample.
A few small things i've noticed:
I think the bass is resonating/ringing a little bit. I usually keep bass frequencies below 200Hz mono to keep them tight in the mix, but don't know if this will solve it. The rest of the mix sounds good.
The kick and bass lack some "harmony". It's not bad but to lift them up they need to complement each other (both sound and rhythmic). (Maybe a reese bass like in the original sample would fit in better?) In the kick pattern (@ 0:05) there's a "forced" kick that takes away the groove/natural flow of the beat.
Some minor things, overall nice production! (y)

YannFer

The Mr Bernard Who Laughs
Battle Points: 166
I wasn't keen on the piano chord, it didn't feel the right vibe for me (happens in my own beats sometime, play seemingly the 'right' chord, but just feels too bright.)
I think the Stranger things theme is an arpeggiated Cmaj7 chords. Might wanna try and add that major 7th (B) on top of the C chord of the piano to fit the vibe...

Music wise it's there, solid beat. I like the part where you speed things up with the double hihats and noise gate filter on the sample.
A few small things i've noticed:
I think the bass is resonating/ringing a little bit. I usually keep bass frequencies below 200Hz mono to keep them tight in the mix, but don't know if this will solve it. The rest of the mix sounds good.
The kick and bass lack some "harmony". It's not bad but to lift them up they need to complement each other (both sound and rhythmic). (Maybe a reese bass like in the original sample would fit in better?) In the kick pattern (@ 0:05) there's a "forced" kick that takes away the groove/natural flow of the beat.
Some minor things, overall nice production! (y)
Noted, thanks for the input I appreciate that. Especially the bass freq tip.

I think the Stranger things theme is an arpeggiated Cmaj7 chords. Might wanna try and add that major 7th (B) on top of the C chord of the piano to fit the vibe...
I must say I am not too great with music theory. I always have to look up chords. But thank you, I wouldn't have figured that out on my own honestly.

hosie

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 5
Listened to this a few times now over the last few days. It's not my style so I find it quite difficult to offer much in the way of constructive feedback but don't like not replying because it's not my style. I've also never seen Stranger Things.

From a technical perspective it's really well mixed and I think it's a really cohesive piece in terms of all the elements coming together. Did you do the synths yourself or are they sampled? It sounds great and the drums collide perfect with it. Even with that landscapesque type beat it still gets you moving / head nodding and it keeps you interested for the full 3:48 too. Nice one!

Listened to this a few times now over the last few days. It's not my style so I find it quite difficult to offer much in the way of constructive feedback but don't like not replying because it's not my style. I've also never seen Stranger Things.

From a technical perspective it's really well mixed and I think it's a really cohesive piece in terms of all the elements coming together. Did you do the synths yourself or are they sampled? It sounds great and the drums collide perfect with it. Even with that landscapesque type beat it still gets you moving / head nodding and it keeps you interested for the full 3:48 too. Nice one!
This is actually really great to hear that you feel the beat even though it isn't your style. Thanks! I made the synth myself also.

Rah.sool

Beatmaker
Ayy nice job brother! I found this beat really interesting man. Nice work. A lot of good stuff going on here. I feel like everything has been addressed already. The only thing I would say is the vox is sounding kind of corny to me. Especially with all the work you put into the piano, I feel like the "Hey, hey, hey" jock voice is taking away from the musicality of it all. Just my opinion, very nice job brother.

Sole Element

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 1
This sounds good! I like how it knocks but has that space, bright sound to it. I like the way the kick hits as well. The only thing I would do different is turn the hats down a tad and it’s good to go.