Studio Monitor Type Headphones??!

ill o.g.
Hey does anyone know of any good head phones that similar to the beyrdynamic, or Beats By Monster headphones. Pretty much Headphones that are similar to Studio monitors. I want to get some but I dont want to go with just one brand I know there are others out there. People tell me get the beyerdynamic or get the Dr. Dre headphones. What are some other good ones. ??

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
Or Sony MDR-7509...an upgrade from the 7506

Me? I don't use any of them anymore...I use MDR-V150...

I've heard the Bose headphones are better than the Beats by Dre...

the studio standard are the Sony MDR 7506... i hear the Dre joints are real bassy... ive been usin the Sonys for 20+ yrs... and i hate Sony.

da relic

I had the MDR 84's way way back. The bass on them sounded ill.
Ive never heard anything like it since. But they got broke in a fight, I only had em a couple weeks.
They only cost me 30 quid. Ill never forget them tho.

Or Sony MDR-7509...an upgrade from the 7506

Me? I don't use any of them anymore...I use MDR-V150...

I've heard the Bose headphones are better than the Beats by Dre...

BOSE have always been good at getting big sound out of a small package.
They take speaker design to the next level.
I cant vouch for the headphones, but the reputation preceeds them.

ill o.g.
All good replies guys. Thanx. I was listening to the bose headphones in walmart. They were pretty cool. Everything sounded in place. The bas was nice. The mids were cool. The highs were PERFECT! All around good sound. I heard about those sonys I might just look into getting those.

Elgen

The Moose With The Most.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 32
I've got Sennheiser HD280 Pro's... absolutely love them

I think you're gonna find everyone has their preferences, so it's best if you take our advice and such onboard and go and test out as many of these suggestions as you can.

slik da relic

RS Jedi
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
My new Sony MDR 7506 headphones just arrived and they are butter!... crisp clear even response...gonna have fun with these...
damn... this thread is 2 months old... u was doin some HEAVY research... lol... i aint mad at u tho.

da relic

subvertbeats

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
I know this thread is old, but for checking mixes (Id advise to use cans really to check mixes - not as a replacement for monitors), you need open back cans. Closed back designs will be inherently challenged by their designs.

Look at Sennheisser HD 650 or HD600s, or Grado RS1s or RS2s

DJ Redrum

Playin' For Keeps
ill o.g.
Sennheiser are a personal favourite.
It's probably best to keep with the normal monitors than headphones though.

Ominous

OminousRed.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
Beyer DT 770

I used to rock the Sony MDR but the leather padding made my ears sweat a lot. My Beyer's have some softer nicer felt like padding around the ear and it dampens the vibrations from the speaker cones in the head phones. Very nice lows like the MDR's.

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
^^ im using the 990 because i dont do recordings, they sound very hi-fi with a nice low range. Im used to em but they're not really reference due to the big hifi sound.