Studio Monitors

A B

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 32
Your better off waiting and saving up money to buy a more expensive but better set of monitors

Symphonic

Custom User Title
ill o.g.
yeah? do they perform well compared to the krk rp6's? or better the rp6s? i'm going to buy some monitors 2 soon.

afriquedeluxe

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 221
the hs80ms are way clearer then krks

I found it to be the other way around. Also the hs80ms have a harsh top end, and over exaggerated bottom end. I loved their sound but it just isnt as accurate as the krks in my opinion. ( i was checking out the krk rp6s).

Dx4's are not bad to start off with, but better to save up an extra 100-200bucks and get something you will not sell off after realizing the sound isnt as good.

Symphonic

Custom User Title
ill o.g.
thanks, although the hs50 are 200 cheaper in total, i'm sure i'll go with the rp6's now.

A B

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 32
Word! I'm rockin the RP5s. Surprisingly acurate sound for the price. I dig 'em.
Do you use a sub with them?? I found the bass to be really lacking them compared to most others in its price range it.

But RP6s are dope id def recomend those to anyone interested but at the same time it also comes down to what your comfortable with. Burn a cd with you favorite commercial type joints on it, and make sure they are tracks that you know intimately as that will help you in making your decision.

djloccdown

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Do you use a sub with them?? I found the bass to be really lacking them compared to most others in its price range it.

But RP6s are dope id def recomend those to anyone interested but at the same time it also comes down to what your comfortable with. Burn a cd with you favorite commercial type joints on it, and make sure they are tracks that you know intimately as that will help you in making your decision.

Bass lacks on all 5 inch monitors.
If u got the cash for 8 inch, go for it, or get a sub like u said.

Kontents

I like Gearslutz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
M-Audio-Studiophile-AV40

Had to add these to the list since they are only 150 and a decent pair of monitors

http://www.guitarcenter.com/M-Audio...eference-Speaker-System-104302922-i1322223.gc

479064jpg.jpg

479063jpg.jpg

elementsrtyte

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
with the rokit 5s, i hear the bass end is completely missing, which is a necessity for hip hop. soo I'm guessing that everyone's got a sub tacked on to the setup too. but the sub runs 250$ soo the overall total would come to 500$ which is completely out of the price range!

how do you guys do it? is it possible to mix hip hop clearly? (but keep in mind, i always throw in a lot of bass into my mixes).

members online