Studio Monitors

C

Copenhagen

Holmzini said:
yo i might cop them krk joints .. i see they make an active and a passive model.. what is the diffrence?

Passive means without built-in amplifier and active is with built-in amplifier.

Built-in is usually best as the amplifier is specifically build for the speaker and thereby gives the best sound.

I have the Behringer Truth active speakers that other people have critizised in this thread, but I have not experienced any problems with them, they play much better than my old speakers and I have only heard good things about them from others.
Anyway, I have connected my speakers to a passive colume control called NHT PVC, and connected the control to my M-Box soundcard...and it works great.

SyN

SUICYCO MANIA
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
it is not always true that the built in amps are better than the non... take for instance the Alesis Monitor ones and the Tannoy Reveals... both great speakers but the powered ones just aint as flat and clean as the passive with a decent power amp... if you have the chance to A/B the passive and active... do it... sometimes you would be suprised with the difference... although... sometimes the theory holds true about the active ones having an amp set perfect for the speaker itself... and even better if it is bi-amped

pirell

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
im using some nice New stuff fromthe Roland range, DM-50's good price and i got a good deal since i got the fantom from the same place. however b4 this, ive been using a decent set of Aiwa HIFI's,and i mean very decent, even the store manager when i got them thought that maybe they were made for sony or something and he got a set himself.

All i did was turn off the Eqs on hi fi and test on as many speakers as i can. ive read in some places that using HIFI speakers wont Kill ur sound if u do it right and use decent ones.

members online