Studio Recording Tech Training

ill o.g.
Im about to start a studio recording program at my university do you think this will help me in my beat making progress or not as the program includes music theory as well which I have no ear for yet

veon

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
yes i think it's helpfull. im 2 years in doing something similar at my university. let me know how it turns out

Big Tone

You done fucked up
ill o.g.
any type of education can never be a waste of time. especially if its something you want to do in life

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
I seen Daddio a few years ago at a conference in Manhattan, he coined and trademarked "Go Brooklyn" he spoke on this subject, many today that sample will reject actual musicianship and find all kinds of excuses to substitute for getting theory and learning the basics.....but he put it in perspective he said your marketabilty and shelf life as someone that makes music sampling and can't play a note or understand anything beyond tones and patching together songs really hinders you and furthermore stunts your growth musically, he said he regrets not having learned to play any instruments and pretty much said that it's sad to find yourself in your 30's claiming to be some sort of musician and can't play a note and all you can do is pull out your mpc and look for records to sample, there is pretty much a very, very small market and opening for that sort of skill at that stage in a career even if you have placed major cuts so at that point your career is pretty much over.

ill o.g.
I seen Daddio a few years ago at a conference in Manhattan, he coined and trademarked "Go Brooklyn" he spoke on this subject, many today that sample will reject actual musicianship and find all kinds of excuses to substitute for getting theory and learning the basics.....but he put it in perspective he said your marketabilty and shelf life as someone that makes music sampling and can't play a note or understand anything beyond tones and patching together songs really hinders you and furthermore stunts your growth musically, he said he regrets not having learned to play any instruments and pretty much said that it's sad to find yourself in your 30's claiming to be some sort of musician and can't play a note and all you can do is pull out your mpc and look for records to sample, there is pretty much a very, very small market and opening for that sort of skill at that stage in a career even if you have placed major cuts so at that point your career is pretty much over.

well put i hope my teachers are good!!!

Hypnotist

Ear Manipulator
ill o.g.
Go for it. It's all about how absorptive you are.

Drink all you can. Ask questions until you're not even hungry any more. And when you THINK you got it, tutor the other people, so you're FORCED to know it. When student asks you a question, teacher should know it. It's the best way to learn anything in my opinion. That's how I did it with a 4.0.

Good luck man!