Studio Session From Hell

*~Snaelro Wen~*

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
nah.....i dont want niggaz at my house knowin that i have my shit there....theyll come in and try rob my ass....i live in new orleans, the murder capitol, thats jus some shit u dont do....

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
Shit cutz both ways. I remember back when I wasn't doing music and was just rappin'. It was hella times when I was spending my well earned "hustle money" up in catz studios, professional and home, that did't have a clue. I always made sure I knew my lyrics and how I wanted the hooks and shit to go but I kept running into to dudes that had the cheddar to buy nice ass equipment but were totally unprofessional. They had to dig for the tracks and shit. If it was a stand alone studio they wouldn't be at their own shit on time. They were the main reason I started producing my own shit! You spending anywhere from 25 to 175 bucks an hour and the clock starts as soon as they hit the power switch but they're digging for the tracks and wasting time setting shit up. Yea.....the shit cutz both ways. It's best to be professional on all ends. As an artist,producer, manager etc. TIME IS MONEY.

nah.....i dont want niggaz at my house knowin that i have my shit there....theyll come in and try rob my ass....i live in new orleans, the murder capitol, thats jus some shit u dont do....

Shit...where is it easier to take your shit....at your house or at theirs? I THINK THEIRS! They could have strip'd yo ass naked and made u watch them bang on ya mpc...lol. If catz are out to get you...they'll find away. You can't let that stop u from doing u. All studios where I'm at have niggaz posted up just in case catz wanna hood up and take something. They only take hot lead in the A...that's what's up.

The beauty of doing music in the modern day era is that u don't have to lug around ya shit. Let them hear your tracks on a snippet cd and pick the ones they like. Drop the shit in wave form on a dvd or external hard drive and make them pay for studio time somewhere else. You just show up with the waves and drop them in Pro Tools or what not...done deal!

eldiablo

KRACK HEAD
ill o.g.
if you think someone might rob you, i would suggest that you get a gat! either that or make your place impenetrable, or try to find a studio spot like i got. i share a building with like 7 bands and 2 engineers. steel doors and the ever so many people present deter alot of the mischief.

as for letting dudes go wild while you was doing this or that. can you blame them, you wasnt at your spot you were at theirs, of course their gonna clown. you couldave put your foot down and stressed to them about how nothing will get done if a bit of professionalizm isnt enforced. who am i to give any kind of advice, i'll record krackheads/alcoholiks in alleys.

*~Snaelro Wen~*

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Listen Up Folks! Theres A Part Two To This Nightmare...Happend Today And Honestly Im Too Tired To Talk About It....Check For Part Two's Post Tomorrrow!!!

BTW....Im Not Dealin Wit These Cats Again........FUCK THAT!

Low G

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Sounds like you'd be the kind to piss on an electric fence... twice. But it's good to hear you learned your lesson and aren't going back for round 3. Sometimes it takes a while to find decent people to work with.

djloccdown

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
This is what my time at the studio is like.
Since it's at my homies house, I have to go there.
My 2 homies can drop their verses in 5 minutes, but this other dude that comes in, takes at least 30 minutes to drop 8 bars.
Then when he finishes, he wants to do it again, and again.
After that's done, I start mixing.
Not even 5 minutes in, they start asking me if it's done...
At this point, I feel like picking up the monitor, and hitting the muthafucka over the head with it.
It's like that 90% of the times I'm there.

HDBEATS

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I usually get atleast 1-2 tracks done in a session with the mc's i work closely with. You can tell with some people, got this kid down 2 blocks from me an he thinks he can rap so he hits me up to record, but ive heard his raps an there very horrible weak skilled raps. Get to know the artists alittle bit before you put yourself in that position ask them questions if there serious or not

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
ok whats part II?

Typical recording session for me starts days before an artist shows.
1-Make beat..could last 2,3 hours or a week depends on when I feel it done.
2-Put beat on cd
3-Artist comes and picks up beat
3a-Artist sits in room writing to endless loop while I play playstation or am on here or AIM prolly an hour(goto step6)
4-Let simmer days or a week
5-Artist returns
6-Artist enters booth drops verses, stacks and chorus usually all in 20 minutes.
7-Artist hears preview then dips
8-I mix and remix until its right
9-Master in Harbal
10-Publish / Artist comes and gets track, smiles (or goto 7)

Easy and I keep it this way, anything else starts killin my mojo..