Stules Tips

Primz

Dnt be part of the best, be the best.
Battle Points: 138
I was thinking we share tips and tricks in the different styles we do ? Old school, trap, hybrid lo fi all of that?

ProducerSpot

Primz

Dnt be part of the best, be the best.
Battle Points: 138
Another thing, variation, dnt have your song be the same throughout the whole song. Change it up, automate it to slow down or speed up.

YannFer

Mr Bernard
Battle Points: 33
This has been said a couple of times...but no matter what your style(s) your doing... put effort into your drums...
+1
Many people start with drums... and it's a very good habit.

However, I must admit it is (to me) the most boring thing to do... drum patterns ? yuk ! I hate it really...

Memento Beats

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 416
Personally, I have made only one beat in my entire life by starting from drums :D Really, drums are usually thing that I do in the middle of making a beat. I mean when I create a pattern I always start with the melody, and then I add some drums so that I know which direction I would like to go. But this is just my way of doing it :D

crosstevsky

beats architect
Battle Points: 91
+1
Many people start with drums... and it's a very good habit.

However, I must admit it is (to me) the most boring thing to do... drum patterns ? yuk ! I hate it really...
If you are clicking kicks and snares can be a bit boring...I agree...try playing them on a controller it's more fun...

YannFer

Mr Bernard
Battle Points: 33
If you are clicking kicks and snares can be a bit boring...I agree...try playing them on a controller it's more fun...
Yes, I have been using one since very recently (like a week or so)... And yes, it makes it less boring and much quicker.
But I still don't have fun while doing it... To me it's like gain staging... it's a task I have to perform but not something I enjoy...

Sometimes I have fun programming my drums... I end up turning the best loop into some subpar bossa nova, thinking "that was fun" while click-and-dropping the file into the bin...

Members online

illmuzik on youtube

ill resources

ProducerSpot