suggestions for mpc / cpu hook up

ron herman

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I want to midi my mpc1000 to my laptop mpc as the master so I can control my virtual sound modules. Any suggestion to which interface I should use? Thanks in advance.

Ron

N.Y.S.O.M.

A Beat Nut
ill o.g.
BROUSSARD BEATS said:
you can't make the mpc 1000 a master to your computer
you have to do it the other way around I can't remember with they say but mpc don't send some kind of midi for your computer to start when you push play

look on this site www.futureproducer.com and you will see some videos about it

actually u can wit the new OS on the mpc1000 midi out of the mpc to the midi in of the pc.. or try midi out of the pc to the midi in of the mpc ( i have mine Midi back n forth lol)......................the unofficial 3.05 (version 1 OS) has it it has MTC n MMC

ron herman

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
N.Y.S.O.M. said:
actually u can wit the new OS on the mpc1000 midi out of the mpc to the midi in of the pc.. or try midi out of the pc to the midi in of the mpc ( i have mine Midi back n forth lol)......................the unofficial 3.05 (version 1 OS) has it it has MTC n MMC

Word thanks man I will try it out. Anyone have any suggestion as to the interface? just a simple midi to usb cord?

N.Y.S.O.M.

A Beat Nut
ill o.g.
ron herman said:
Word thanks man I will try it out. Anyone have any suggestion as to the interface? just a simple midi to usb cord?

I mean it doesn't matter u gotta research on it I have a emu soundcard for my computer u may want to get a mbox or something it has protools in it so u can track ya beats n all that good stuff