Sunrise Over Bklyn

PrOLifiK

Wax Fondling Since 420
ill o.g.
Ok the story here is El-P has a six piece band which he conducts. This is a pretty sweet instrumental...sometimes funky..soulfull, and dark. This is far from what we are used to seeing from El-P and I think hes got some skills as a composer of live instruments as well. How sick would it be to have your own six piece band to play whatever you told them too

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
That'd be tight, but I heard that album is pretty wack unfortunatly.?.?:(
I dunno if thats true cuz i havent heard it yet, but i really like EL-P and if it sux thats a disapointment i guess. Its cool hes try in new things but i dunno about straying too far away from what makes him, well, EL-P?...thats a tough one i guess??...I suppose ill wait to hear it for myself before i really have my own opinion.

RigorMortis

Army Of Darkness
ill o.g.
The album aint wack, but if you are an el p fan and your expecting it to be like his prior productions you prolly wont like it.

E

Equality 7-2521

word up live shit is the bomb. shouldbe an interesting listen cos el-p's style is hella heavy and electronic.

MaximeRobin

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
humm...

1. the album is called "high waters" and not sunrise over brklyn (sunrise over brkling is the name of a song on it that they put out as a 10" like 4 months ago)
2. it isn't HIS band. He conducted a bit. But they are very skillful musician and improvisator. I really don't think el-p had much to say on the composition... It's seems like El-p was just there to record them and retouch the recordings.
3. It's really a jazz album. Anybody heard Antipop vs Matthew shipp on the same label? that was way more hiphop than this disc...
All that being said I find the album really good, but then again it's not an el-p album and I don't know much about jazz.

members online