sup everybody

P

phaethon

im just gonna introduce myself real quick. hopefuly im gonna be a regular on these boards, they're pretty tight.

I'm a dude, im 19, and I use a program called "Reason" to put my tracks together. It's some pretty good software but it seems like nobody's ever heard of it. Anyway, i prefer to cut my own samples from anything that could be used as a sample. An example is a beat im working on right now...i found a recording of an african drum rythm that is made by slapping your hand against the water. it sounds like someone is standing in a lake or something and hitting the water with their hands in different ways to make a pretty nice rythm; so im layin some sounds over that, and it sounds, um...unique. So that's me.

Peace, phaethon

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Welcome to the site. You can do a search here for Reason, there's a few guys that use it regularly.

That looks like a cool technique you have, maybe you can post some of your stuff in the Showcase section.

C

Copenhagen

Welcom to the forums. Enjoy you stay!

Btw, I'm a regular Reason user too...

vitaminman

IllMuzik Staff
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Hey,

The 'reason' why no one's ever heard of the software is because you live in the midwest :D

Welcome aboard!

There's another guy here who makes samples by recording drops of water and pitching them across his keyboard, you and he should get together and make a track.

Take care,

Nick

P

phaethon

ha, that was cold man. im TRAPPED in the midwest!!! some of the best beats come out of minneapolis! check out "atmosphere - Shhh" it's all about not bein ashamed of where you're from.

members online