Sup y’all!!! Introduction!

DezzzRAj

DezzRAj
Hi, the name is DezzRAJ, new to the forum! Happy to be here and hope to learn about making beats! Looking for learn to possible collabs! Let’s go!!! =]

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
Welcome @DezzzRAj and what’s your musical backstory?

DezzzRAj

DezzRAj
Welcome @DezzzRAj and what’s your musical backstory?

Hi, my baby boomer dad raised me listening on Elvis and the Beatles. Michael Jackson was my idol when I was really young. Im a millennial that grew up watching MTVs TRL and BET 106 & park. Listened to pretty much everything other than Jazz. Got into the Japanese music scene in high school. In 2006 my brother in law picked up a Triton Keyboard, some monitors, a condenser mic, and a MPC. It was my first experience with music production. He was heavily influenced with West Coast rap and produced a bunch of bangers (all analog baby). We got into rapping on beats - we were terrible, but got better in the years to come. To this day, I love freestyling on hip-hop/rap instrumentals.

In 2011, around the time EDM was getting bigger I was influenced by the large raves and house melodies. Then comes In YouTube and FL studio. I watched videos and tried to apply what I learned. My music has hip-hop mixed with edm feels. I’m just a student here to learn. Some of the happiest times of my life were from making beats by myself at home.

Things definitely have changed, and now making music is more a hobby that I do for fun than a passion. Been diving into singing and vocal manipulation as of late. Also, looking into Ableton as the next DAW to learn. That’s my musical background and journey so far.

I’m very happy to have found a community that shares the same interests/passions. I’ve already heard some beats on the new beats tab!!! Thank you for having me here. I wish everyone at illmuzik much success in all their creative endeavors. Cheers!!!

-DezzRAj

Does anyone know if it is possible to change your user name without creating a new account? I accidentally placed a third “Z” on my name. Lol! There is only supposed to be two. LMAO! Thanks!

DezzzRAj

DezzRAj
So what kinda beats you into, bruh? Whos your fave producers n all that
I like to freestyle on west coast beats with a lot of bounce. I was drawn into the Neptunes sound back in the day. I was heavily influenced by Dre’s piano chords, but strangely enough Avicii’s style is what got me into production. I love Flumes use of swing on his beats. But right now I like listening to Lo-Fi hip hop, ambient trap, and trip hop.

Other faves: Araab musik, Diplo, Akira the Don

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
I like to freestyle on west coast beats with a lot of bounce. I was drawn into the Neptunes sound back in the day. I was heavily influenced by Dre’s piano chords, but strangely enough Avicii’s style is what got me into production. I love Flumes use of swing on his beats. But right now I like listening to Lo-Fi hip hop, ambient trap, and trip hop.

Other faves: Araab musik, Diplo, Akira the Don

Sound like you got similar influences to me! Look forward to hearing your contributions, brudda