Syncing up audio

hanayalator

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 11
Hey guys,
What's the best way to sync up an audio track with my fl track? For example, I made a beat and sent it to my friend who recorded a verse, and now I want to load that verse up into my project. It's just a wave file. I managed to get it working by importing it through the fl slicer, although I feel like there must be an easier way, one that might allow my to edit it and such. Thanks.

H

Iszazial

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
yea you got the right idea just going about it the wrong way. if you spit on a track then it should be on time already right? so forget slicer as its not ment for that. just drag and drop the sound file directly into the play list section where audio goes. there are 2 half's to the play list, the part where your sequences go and the other half where your audio files go. from there in the sample properties you can time stretch and pitch shift to your liking.

blakjustice30

ill o.g.
yea you got the right idea just going about it the wrong way. if you spit on a track then it should be on time already right? so forget slicer as its not ment for that. just drag and drop the sound file directly into the play list section where audio goes. there are 2 half's to the play list, the part where your sequences go and the other half where your audio files go. from there in the sample properties you can time stretch and pitch shift to your liking.

That's a good way as stated above, I also sample the wave in Edison and Highlight the whole file and drop it in the sequencer field.

dj360_iNfInItE1

UNDeRGROUND STaTE of MiND
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 16

100% correct. I would just like to add that if the tempo of the rapping or singing isn't consistent, use Edison the chop it up into usable chunks and drop it in the audio clip section that way. Works great. I did that for my remix of "Stand Up" by Ludacris. I edited out the singing part of the lyrics. With the beat I used, it's sounds like a solid underground street remix.

members online