syncing up reason on 2 lap tops

ill o.g.
anyone know how to sync up reason with another persons reason, me and my friend are tryin to sync up reasons using a midi sync clock but we can't figure out how to do it

anyone ever tried this and what did u use as a midi sync clock and how did u do it we just can't figure it out

ill o.g.
we're tryin to sync our reasons up with eachother so we can both make the same beat at the same time, so he can be doin a bassline while i do the drums, we've done it with other programs and its cool its like jamming on the computers, we jus can't get the midi sync clock to work with reason and i kno it can, one computer has to act as a slave as the other is master so when i hit the space bar both our computers start playin from the same point at the same time and bpm

Scholar

willing vic to the music
ill o.g.
it cant be done beacuse reason only recieves midi, reason cant control external devices.now if im wrong please correct me but im pretty sure this can not be done. now you could use like cubase then use the sys link (kinda like lan network) . but thats the only way i know of

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
Yeah, seems like u would have to have some sorta cable like a EDI, and connect the two computers with it, just as if u were running a network, but still, i dont kno how the 2 computers would reckognize running the prgm as one prgm.

ill o.g.
yeah you need to connect the computers onto a network using midi cables and or ethernet cables, i know this can be done because the midi sync clock we downloaded ironically says "this program is ideal for syncing up proppelerheads reason software on two labtops" whiich is exactly what we'retryin to do we're so close to getting it to work i feel like its just one button i need to push or one box i need to check to get them to work but we haven't found it yet.

and duece yeah it is a dope idea its gunna b ill when it works me and my other homie with reason and my other homie with pro tools we're all gunna sync up and use rewire and shit actually it mite be cooler If I use ableton live as my friend uses reason and my other friend uses protools and we can just get on a network and swap files and wavs and basslines and drum loops back and forth to eachother using rewire and bypass the whole midi sync clock thing. and have a geeky ass labtop band jammin

ill o.g.
I dont think you can do that. You can rewire, but syncing two reason appz. Hmmmmmm....

2_nice

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
i have made beats in this way with sonar 4 on two different computers just using basic midi sync stuff.
I have also done this with sonar 3 and mp3 2000xl.
I have also done it with my desktop running sonar 4 and my mates laptop running fruity loops always via midi sync.
...... i don't know about reason
There is a program midi over lan so you could do it that way (if you don't have midi on both computers