Synths and patches in reason

Mr_Black

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Okay a while back I asked on help with my drum sounds and every tip was a ounce of gold in a poor mans hands but now i need help with my samples and synths cause they sound sorta yucky techno ish (im using reason) what tips, do you have to offer to make my samples and synths sound more hip hop ish

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 207
for sythn sounds i suggest heavily playin around wit the scream machine and thouroghly learning what all of the knobs on the subtractor and malstrom do......... and obtaining as much refill as poosible... there free if you look hard and smart enough(DC).... if ur samples sound bad i cant help u there because a sample is a sample and it sounds the same no matter what u play it through...also... what i do is samples little stabs and one shots, jabs... import them into da sampler and use them like they were piano notes.... u might also benefit from using a good wave eidotr along wit reason os u ccan tweak ur sounds so they sound more lively and authentic

Mr_Black

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
what contains a good wave editor

PrOLifiK

Wax Fondling Since 420
ill o.g.
Pick up soundforge and recycle if u are sampling with reason. Thats what im using. As far as the synths go I thought the same thing when I first started using reason; you just got to play with them. I find you can make alot of the synths sound like hip hop if you play them the right way. But go to sf2midi.com and download alot of the differents synths also go to propellerheads.se or resonstation.com and download all the refills.