T.I.- Urban Legend

FTdub

SP1200 manhandler
ill o.g.
I got an early copy of the new T.I. record Urban legend. After one listen I thought I'd give you an initial review. The sound of the album production is very similar to Trap Muzik, Jazze Pha and Lil Jon doing production. T.I's word play is better this time around it seems. I never remember him calling out flip or Luda by name, but there are quite of few pointed comments to unnamed people. he really stresses in this album that he is legitimately street, while other rappers are fakers. The album isn't as good initially as Trap Muzik, but I like it for some reason. Trap Muzik offered moments of introspection while this one seems more extroverted.
I normally stick toward jazzier, more thought provoking hip hop, and to me T.I is a rapper, and increasingly more commercial, but something about him and Trick Daddy appeal to me. I think I sense they are more honest than fake thugs.

3.5 mics

Tim D

Bitchn' Bout IRS
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
album is hot, but i like new Luda better than this

Guevara

BETTER THAN YESTERDAY
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 34
the luda beef is dead i think i like trap muzik better but bring em out is a banger i dont even know the words to that shit and i be singin along aint heard the luda shit yet ill have a review of the t.i. shit up soon fuck caps lock im tired bitches

FTdub

SP1200 manhandler
ill o.g.
"no skits, intros, outros none of that bullshit "

This part is great. I am so tired of skits.

classic

I am proud to be southern
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 90
The track "U dont know me "
Is straight fire. Man this makes me wanna go back home man. I bet cats is gettin crazy to this back in TPA. This has that angry feel. T.I is as lyrical as they come man. He is putting fear in alot of cats hearts north and south. You cannot deny his talanet.

I want this cat to flow on one of my beats. I got some tracks that he could murder

class...

x-squizet

Roll Tide Roll
ill o.g.
Yo ti is my nigga down south we be bumpin his shit hard down here, that shit be choppin and everything I think i heard 2 tracks from his album but i got to cop that shit, I ain't even gone get it burnt i am going to bestbuy and buy that shit. I knew he would come wit some fire

Yo is the track he did with mannie fresh is that joint tight

FTdub

SP1200 manhandler
ill o.g.
My man was sayin and I agree that the album is only good, but not better than Trap Muzik because it was rushed into production. The sound is stagnant rather than progressive due to T.I.'s jail time. He had to make the album on furlough, so the sound is rehashed.

Guevara

BETTER THAN YESTERDAY
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 34
x-squizet said:
Yo is the track he did with mannie fresh is that joint tight

oNE oF THE BEST JOiNTS oN THERE.
2ND VERSE iS FiRE

RELEASE;

members online