take ya time

scandal

Maker of Beats
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 178
Really You just gotta go with the flow. If melodies are just hittin you your best bet is to lay it down asap. If you can really think of anything that is when u really have to take your time. I've done beats in the time range of 10 mins-10 days+. All about what you feeling in my opinion anyways.

O

open mind

some beats need more time some need less time where is the prob? i dont get it.if u finish it faster, good for you u have more time to spend on some other stuff.

mikemat

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I think the point of this thread was that tons of people claim they make beats in 10 minutes. That just doesn't happen unless the beat sucks. I don't care who you are I know Dre couldnt make a good beat start to finish in 10 minutes. I think its funny when people say this, lets me know they are either lying or they have weak beats.

Hi-Lo

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
man, i take a long ass time on my beats. I use reason and FL, and i'm usually high, which slows things down a little, but before I'm really happy with a beat I'll spend a good 5-7 hours finding exactly what I want for the beat, sequencing, mixing, etc. i don't usually do it all in one sitting cause im a busy dude, but i find coming back to a beat only helps.

all that matters is that the beat is hot.

afriquedeluxe

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 221
its perfectly possible to make a banging beat in 10minutes! when you have that spark of inspiration, its crazy like that. but if anything, quality music should not be rushed.

mikemat

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
afriquedeluxe said:
its perfectly possible to make a banging beat in 10minutes! when you have that spark of inspiration, its crazy like that. but if anything, quality music should not be rushed.

Nah, I can pretty much guarantee you can't, it can easily take more than 10 minutes just finding the right sounds.

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
I think the point and real question here is , "who really feels the need to put time limits on creation?"
I prolly put more of a time limit on how long sex is gonna last(procreation) than I do how long Im gonna take to crank out a track.
Thats only because I may been thinkin about a new musical idea.
Like Afrique said sometimes its dne quick sometimes not.

JPeg

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
word to classic AT aliens is a sick album thats my favourite Outkast album, but to quote Madlib "every beat cant be great"

Some beats come quickly and if I see no potential in the beat it will stay as is, some stuff is supposed to be just quick and dirty other shit is more involved and builds up over time I think having a mix of music helps give u a more diverse sound.

classic

I am proud to be southern
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 90
mikemat said:
Nah, I can pretty much guarantee you can't, it can easily take more than 10 minutes just finding the right sounds.

DUDE your wrong, ive made plenty a banging beat with my production partner in under 10 to 15 min, it just depends on ur workflow and what style your going for...

Im not trying to argue but i hate when people think that THEIR perspective and opionion is the ONLY way

members online