TAKEOFF

iDeaLoGiK

Disservice With a Smile
Battle Points: 57
I really like the base slides. I really like the sweep up the scale with the piano as well. The percussion works with it well. As does the back and forth between the bass and the piano. Mix is pretty good. If I had any complaints about it is that the beat itself sounds pretty muted. Not in volume, but in frequency range I think. Maybe just putting the piano slightly forward compared to what it is in the mix would fix that. It's a ltitle quiet. Even a bit of a tweak of the EQ would help too to bring a bit of the upper register into it. It, and the rest of the beat for the most part is being currently being outshined by the percs, which I don't think it should be as well. Bringing the bongos a little bit back is something I would consider. Nothing really sticks out that I could say is a bad choice though. More just a stylistic approach difference. I would also try to change up the drum loop as well. Drum changeups are a big thing for me. I really like to have the feel of the beat change, and I find any change up is only as significant as the percussion behind it. It really gives the feel of a separate section of the beat.

Real nice though. I enjoyed it on multiple playthroughs.

I really like the base slides. I really like the sweep up the scale with the piano as well. The percussion works with it well. As does the back and forth between the bass and the piano. Mix is pretty good. If I had any complaints about it is that the beat itself sounds pretty muted. Not in volume, but in frequency range I think. Maybe just putting the piano slightly forward compared to what it is in the mix would fix that. It's a ltitle quiet. Even a bit of a tweak of the EQ would help too to bring a bit of the upper register into it. It, and the rest of the beat for the most part is being currently being outshined by the percs, which I don't think it should be as well. Bringing the bongos a little bit back is something I would consider. Nothing really sticks out that I could say is a bad choice though. More just a stylistic approach difference. I would also try to change up the drum loop as well. Drum changeups are a big thing for me. I really like to have the feel of the beat change, and I find any change up is only as significant as the percussion behind it. It really gives the feel of a separate section of the beat.

Real nice though. I enjoyed it on multiple playthroughs.
For a producer to hear someone else's work and comment is a real producer. Thank you for the feedback and have a Happy New Year. SJAMBOK BEATS

Really nice beat, love the bass guitar. I think @iDeaLoGiK nailed it with with his comments, the piano could definitely come up a bit and the bongos down a bit. I think the bongos are what are causing the "muted" effect, they are at a level that has put everything else back into the mix. Just a small tweak needed really and it will make a lot of difference. Great beat.

Really nice beat, love the bass guitar. I think @iDeaLoGiK nailed it with with his comments, the piano could definitely come up a bit and the bongos down a bit. I think the bongos are what are causing the "muted" effect, they are at a level that has put everything else back into the mix. Just a small tweak needed really and it will make a lot of difference. Great beat.
Thank you so much.

JustIn Flow

ILLIEN
Nice relaxed sound! Well mixed and harmonious. Has for me a little touch of "Nightmares on Wax".
For a hip hop beat I lack a little pressure and groove in the drum section.