Talkin to squares about production...

eXampuL_oNe

LOW-PRO
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
Yo, this issue is hilarious to me and i know some of yall have run into it too... Do u ever be talkin to someone about makin beats or producing and they just do not believe a word your telling them? Like they think your some crazy ass cat tryin to toot your own horn and lie about somethin to make yourself seem better... I was talking to my boss at work about me makin beats and all this stuff i do with music and i could just tell the cat was like "yeah!, Right.." How many of yall have had this happen before? it gets me so fuckin pissed.... And on top of it I'm a white cat so it really makes poeple think im lying when i talk about makin beats and producing hip hop... kind of a dumb topic but i just wondered about how many of yall have had this happen? Aint it irratating?

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
you knwo how many dudes try to clown, like "what do you know about hip hop"... and i respond, "enough to know that your sorry ass will be buying my album in three years".

people usually shut up after hearing 1 track, then they ask for a cd.

RigorMortis

Army Of Darkness
ill o.g.
dont waste your time on people is all i got to say.. if i see a fool i am not about to waste my time..

but you are lucky you could have been a black guy into deathmetal and gothic how many people would believe you got a harem of gothic suicidal bitches?

T

TuTone

I get somethin sorta like that, but for me it's people just act like they don't care.

ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
Great Topic!

yo, this is hilarious for real. happens to me almost on a daily basis. here's how it usually sounds like:

somebody: what is it that you spend all your time and motivation on?
myself: makin' & collectin' music
somebody: what kind of music?
myself: umm, jazz\funk\soul\disco\hip-hop\etc'
somebody: do you play any instruments?
myself: oh, well, not really. i use the pc.
somebody (sceptic): are you using ejay\dance machine? how do you make your music?
myself (trying not to reveal too much): i use elements from various musical compositions and add my own improvisations on top.
somebody: have you released anything?
myself: you can say so, yea.
somebody: where can i buy it?
myself (white lie): USA \ CANADA

this is how it usually ends. some people seem not to believe. some are interested in further details (which i hate to give out). i'm basically trying not to talk too much about it. these kind of conversations are usually boring and very uninteresting. they tend to fit one continuous pattern.

Yours Truly,
Wings

berserk

Monster Music
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
WingsOfAnAngel said:
i'm basically trying not to talk too much about it. these kind of conversations are usually boring and very uninteresting. they tend to fit one continuous pattern.

so true... it's like they don't actually give a fuck but they try and sound interested... to be honest... no1 actually cares until you make a song they like... or you get signed...

massikrbeats

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
eXampuL_oNe said:
Do u ever be talkin to someone about makin beats or producing and they just do not believe a word your telling them?

The converstaion usually goes like this:

(i have a tatoo of a mic on my arm)

Square: yo, man you rap? I see that tat!

Me: I used to, I mostly make beats now

Square: Oh, yeah...how?

Me: I don't got any hardware yet, I just make 'em on my computer wit some programs

Square: What programs?

Me: Fruity Loops

Square: Oh, like the cereal....ha ha ha ha

Me:

Square: ha ha ha ha ha

Me:

Square: ha ha ha ha

Me:

Square: ha ha ha ha ha

Me: (slap, punch, bang, pow!!, *****AM!!!##)

Square: (crawls away)

Me: (gets girls because I'm cool and they like "pro-duece-uz")

Cam'rox

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
lmao @ worldcityceo!!

but yea, alot of ppl like to try and put words in my mouth since i'm so young and all. i hate that. they'll be like, "so u use mtv music generator?" or "so u stole that and jus threw it together?". i hate that. even when they hear my stuff, their like that. i think they're jus in so much awe at how good it sounds, that they cant believe that i did all of it myself from scratch, because of my age. it makes me wanna have sudden violent outbursts everytime i think of it, lol.

members online