technics 1200 problem

stabster

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Ok, here's the deal. You can only hear the right channel of my turntable. I've figured out that the problem is not my mixer, not my cabels or the pickup, so its probably the table. It started a few weeks ago and its making me crazy. Anyone had the same problem or knows of a sulution?

Fade, this site needs a turntableism forum.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
You sure it's not your cables? Is the sound cutting in and out? Or do you not hear it at all? You might have to open up it up and check underneath to make sure none of the wires are loose.

C

Copenhagen

That sounds very much like a loose cable in your turntable. I know a few people that have experienced that with their Technics or Gemini turntables. The problem was always that one of the phono cables from the turntable was loose inside the turntable.

TKNK

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
U should really chek ya Stylus or the Needle in otha words.
They wear down after a few 100 hours of use,
causing decreased Volume,Clearity, and traction.
Or if that dont work MAKE 100% SURE it's not ya cables or mixer
or amp play a cd thour that channel.
***CAUTION THE PHONO CHANNEL HAS A VERY HIGH OUTPUT***
So turn your speakers very low.
It might sound distorted but just listen for both channels playing.
Even check the RCA inputs for corrosion or lose-ness.
And last resort take it to a repair shop or take the turntable apart.

Tha1AndOnlyDJT

DJ Will Kill
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 36
check to make sure that the headshell is contacting all four post on the tonearm. when i use my stanton carts on my 1200 i have to wipe the four post with water (or lick them) just to get them to work, it might sound wierd but the shit works.

D

Dj Dezerk

check the part that the needles goes into i have had proplems with that.they have liitle gold prongs that get that get worn out.it might just be in the arm