Tempo (Timestretch) problem

Daymo

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
This is probably something really basic that I’m overlooking here but anyway; I’m importing samples in WAV format into FL Studio 5 for use in the piano roll. Usually I import the loop, add it to piano roll and then adjust the tempo until I get a perfect loop.

However with some samples, when I adjust the tempo I get a message box appear asking if I want to “Stretch all channels”. The sample is then timestretched to whatever tempo I select.

As I said, there’s probably some button that’s checked that shouldn’t be (or vice versa) but I’m unable to find it. Anyone point me in the right direction?

Cheers
Daymo

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
Please be more specific... you want the samples to be stretched or ou dont want to....

Knox Raw

SCLASS- JUSTPLAINOLEDON
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
This is probably something really basic that I’m overlooking here but anyway; I’m importing samples in WAV format into FL Studio 5 for use in the piano roll. Usually I import the loop, add it to piano roll and then adjust the tempo until I get a perfect loop.

However with some samples, when I adjust the tempo I get a message box appear asking if I want to “Stretch all channels”. The sample is then timestretched to whatever tempo I select.

As I said, there’s probably some button that’s checked that shouldn’t be (or vice versa) but I’m unable to find it. Anyone point me in the right direction?

Cheers
Daymo

Change the Timestrecth mode from "Auto" to "Resample" on each channel and set up our "Time Stretch Time" accordingly.

Daymo

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Sorry - perhaps I was not specific enough. I don't want to stretch the samples at all. I simply want to adjust the main Step Sequencer tempo without changing the properties of the sample at all. On most samples this works fine - but certain samples get stretched or the tempo/pitch of the sample is changed when I adjust the main tempo.

Knox - when I change the timestretch mode from 'Auto' to 'Resample' and then adjsut the tempo it changes the tempo/pitch of the sample.

Hope this makes sense.

Cheers
Daymo

Knox Raw

SCLASS- JUSTPLAINOLEDON
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
Sorry - perhaps I was not specific enough. I don't want to stretch the samples at all. I simply want to adjust the main Step Sequencer tempo without changing the properties of the sample at all. On most samples this works fine - but certain samples get stretched or the tempo/pitch of the sample is changed when I adjust the main tempo.

Knox - when I change the timestretch mode from 'Auto' to 'Resample' and then adjsut the tempo it changes the tempo/pitch of the sample.

Hope this makes sense.

Cheers
Daymo

Change all of your "timestretch time" knobs to "none" for each channel

members online