Testing new ssl emulation... I need your ears please!

Flip G

Nzyte
Old song new ssl emulation...
hip hop dancing GIF

please give me your critical thought about the sound of the mix please

VVS

Banned
Battle Points: 133
It's not the plugin that makes the difference, it's the microphone you use and audio interface you have the mic plugged into. Cheapter interface = cheaper sounding mic.

Flip G

Nzyte
It's not the plugin that makes the difference, it's the microphone you use and audio interface you have the mic plugged into. Cheapter interface = cheaper sounding mic.
Back To The Future Guitar GIF by Turner Classic Movies

The part about the mic... I had to tube up : )...

I do agree that a mix is mostly about ears and room acoustics, but I do feel that the songs I like have a certain "console sound" to them... I've been taking a minimal approach lately and I think the emulations help give it that character... but maybe I have been watching too much pensado's place lol....

I've been try to master my mastering too...

Reactions: VVS

VVS

Banned
Battle Points: 133
Back To The Future Guitar GIF by Turner Classic Movies

The part about the mic... I had to tube up : )...

I do agree that a mix is mostly about ears and room acoustics, but I do feel that the songs I like have a certain "console sound" to them... I've been taking a minimal approach lately and I think the emulations help give it that character... but maybe I have been watching too much pensado's place lol....

I've been try to master my mastering too...

Your mastering skills are not bad. I ran your mix through my "secret sauce" plugin and noticed a few issues in the low end, specifically with the kick drum. I don't like to give tips unless asked for but I'm more than willing to give you some advice if you so desire via direct message.

Cleaned up low-end a bit. Subtle difference but if you have good monitors or headphones you should be able to tell the difference. Can't work miracles without stems lol

Flip G

Nzyte
Your mastering skills are not bad. I ran your mix through my "secret sauce" plugin and noticed a few issues in the low end, specifically with the kick drum. I don't like to give tips unless asked for but I'm more than willing to give you some advice if you so desire via direct message.

Cleaned up low-end a bit. Subtle difference but if you have good monitors or headphones you should be able to tell the difference. Can't work miracles without stems lol
Thanks... that "sauce" sounds great! I'm about to hit you up for that advice

Reactions: VVS

members online