The Art of Producing... beat battle

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
http://www.cratekings.com/the-art-of-producing-beat-battle-montreal/

http://crownmusicrecords.com/

There was a beat battle in Mtl... the first one I saw where it was only about just beats... and MAAAAN was I disapointed. I mean, all I heard (like 75% of the beatmakers) was dumbed down south side beats. And I mean that with the most respect for you guys from the South. But you know what I mean. It's easy to make a crappy unoriginal South beat. Big synths, big drums and somewhat of a melody.

Now, the price was BANANAS for a beat battle:

1500$
A bunch of programs (reason, cubase, an a new one... don't remember the name...)
A 88 keys M-audio midi controller (Pro88)
Some mastering time (8 hours)
Some studio time... (a day with a A&R and established producer)

I was pissed at myself for not entering, but the guy who won was a beast with his Kruumping beats... whoa! All I know is I have a year to prepare myself.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
Gotta love dirty south beats..

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44
Damn 1500 tho?? jeez. What was the crowd like?

*Hands Fade a machete*

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
Crowd was a mix of:
Pre teens who like dirty south beats
Hip hop dancers (gotta love em in your show...)
Friends of the beatmakers/producers
Rappers looking for beats

At some point, you could see what beatmakers were really good and who brought more people. All in all, they gave 1500$ and just by selling all the other stuff, that easily another 500$-750$... Now that's a nice price!

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Reminds me of the DMC competitions back in the day. The wack DJ's would always have dozens of people cheering them on, some were so obvious. And of course the teens or those that had no clue about any kind of DJ'ing, they would be dancing while someone's beat juggling!