THE BEST OF 2014

ill o.g.
Battle Points: 170
It's a long list, but I do it in hopes of turning some on to music they may have slept on, or forgotten, and to encourage others to share their favs of 2014. So in no particular order.....

Freddie Gibbs & Madlib- Pinata - If u like boom bap and gangsta rhymes, ur gonna love this.

Prhyme-Prhyme - Flawless

Homeboy Sandman- Hallways -Possibly his bets work to date. Excellent album.

Diamond D-Diam Piece - many didn't care for it, I loved it.

Barrel Brothers(Skyzoo & Torae) - Barell Brothers- Don't know which goes harder, the beats or the rhymes.

Slaughterhouse - House Rules- I know it's a mixtape....but it's soo good.

Isaih Rashad - Cilvia Demo- Slept on this, until I gave it a 2nd chance. Best TDE release this year imo.

Choosey- Left Field- Criminally slept on. Nice spit over bap.

Open Mike Eagle- Dark Comedy - Very diverse. Superb lyrical content.

D' Angelo - Black Messiah- Words don't do it justice.

Rapsody- Beauty and the Beast- Very slept on.

Ghostface Killah - 36 Seasons- A concept album is hard to pull off, but Ghost did it masterfully.

BJ the Chicago Kid- The MAFE Project- It's only a matter of time before this guy blows up...very talented singer.

Rick Ross-Mastermind- Stop it. It's a good album

Cozz- Cozz & Effect - The next big thing.

Diamond District - March On Washington Redux- I don't recall the original being this live, but the A list bap producers remixes make this filthy.

Black Milk- If There's a Hell Below- What u expect from Milk....sickness.

Planet Asia & TzariZM- Via Satellite- Slept on filthy boom bap.

Apollo Brown- Thirty-Eight- The only instrumental album on the list.....and for good reason.

Nicole Lehn

great selections you got there but like Fade, i've gotta listen to some of the tracks coz some are new to me..

click hereto check out my latest work.

Last edited:
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 170
2 Late additions....
KXNG CROOKED (CROOKED I) - Sex, Money& Hip Hop- You should already be aware that Crook is ill lyrically, but his song writing has improved consistently, and he has a socially conscious side that has been showing up more frequent. Dope album.

Planet Asia- Zapco Exp.- Mid to late 80s beats over raw spit. Sounds like Mantronixx produced the album. (He didn't)

Nicole Lehn

Well, I agree! We must be open for something new everyday.. There's no permanent in this world but changes as they say..
Gotta be open to every new things happening..
Just like how hip hop dances evolves nowadays...
Check out my blog for the latest craze in hiphop dance click here.