The Best of Beef???

dj360_iNfInItE1

UNDeRGROUND STaTE of MiND
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 16
I am watching this on Fuse as I type this post. Ummm...is it just me or did Flip and T.I. start a beef because some girl said some shit? Some bullshit over she said he said shit? I respect these cats because of the MC skills but come on man. Ya'll gotta let some shit go. It's like niggaz ain't learned shit from 2Pac & Biggie. I can't help but laugh because this is some straight up high school shit in my opinion. Grown men should not act like this. This shit seems really girlie to me. LOL!

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44
I dont remember how the situation started but I wouldnt be surprised at all. The words mature and hiphop are JUST NOW starting to come together. Not to mention the two people we're talking about. Tip, (who used to be one of my fav MCs) doesnt seem to have the right people in his ear all the time. Flips usually chill tho. But this all from public view. Dont know the full picture.

dj360_iNfInItE1

ill o.g.
^^True, true. I just had to turn the channel. I was getting upset because all the other ones were pissing me off too. The only beef I understood was the whole Eazy E, Jerry Heller, Ice Cube, Dr. Dre, Suge Knight situation. You can't fuck with people's money and not expect them to get upset. Family has to eat. I don't know anyone who would tolerate taking food out of their children's mouths.

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Yea that was real, Alot of the west coast beefs were real situation (Cube/Cypress Suge/everybody). Alot is manipulation/He say. Even Pac and Big was (Probably) a missunderstanding (Pac accusing big etc). After that, it was all pretty much Promotion plans and marketing. (50Cent/Everybody) Even though at the beginning 50 was blackballed and was getting revenge on everybody in NY.

And thinking about it I cant really say what sparked the Jay/Nas beef.
Wiki to the rescue. It was a big mix of alot of stuff: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jay-Z_vs._Nas_feud

dj360_iNfInItE1

ill o.g.
Thanks for the wiki link. I just hate to see our sistas and brothas get so deep in beef with one another that it goes too far and someone gets hurt or dies over some crap that wasn't nearly worth it. All that gangsta shit is ridiculous in my opinion. More worth while things to worry about and be involved in. I thought the reason to be successful was to move your family out of the hood and make a better life for them. Not to wallow in self pity, angst and violence. It's just sad.

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
agreed completely

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
But....that's what sells..

Controversy sells....

Notice how in the music industry, all publicity is good, whether or not it's considered "bad".

shadeed

Go Digital or Go Home
ill o.g.
2Pac and Biggie's beef is a poor yet commonly used example that is applied to every rap beef that has happened after it. The thing is, 2Pac and Biggie were real friends who fell out but were surrounded by real gangsters with real money and real power. In essence, they were pawns in a much bigger war, not even the key pieces.

Tip and Lil Flip's 'beef' started over one rapper being featured on a magazine cover. The part about the girls gossiping is true but Flip also got on stage saying "he was king of the south". Craziest thing about that beef is that it lead to Tip going to Houston and visiting Flip's neighborhood and a big fight broke out. It would've kept going until J.PRINCE (again, real money, real power) basically ended it or other consequences would've ensued.

Jay and Nas' beef started because Nas didn't appear in the famous video scene where they were at the round table playing Monopoly with real cash in 1995-1996.
Add that to the fact that competition was heavy for the crown of NYC after
BIG died. Jay also messed around w/ Nas' baby's mom behind the scenes. The flare up that lead to Takeover and Ether actually came on the Nastradamus where Nas said "You want beef, I can let a slug melt in ya hat" which Memphis Bleek took offense to, since he always wears hats.
After Bleek dissed Nas on Mind Right, Jay front lined for Bleek and did the SummerJam skit heard round the world. Nas was taking care of his Mom who was basically very ill and came out and dropped the "Stillmatic" freestyle (which I still have on cassette tape somewhere lol). Hip Hop history, gotta love it lol

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
Rap Artist Criteria - Must be a SEMI-reformed criminal who has committed 1st degree murder and didn't receive the death penalty.
+
Rap Game Criteria - Must be able to stab your very own brother in the back and feel NO remorse about it.

= HIP HOP SUCCESS!

members online