The Best Software for Sampling

tekboi

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
I know there is no "best" when it comes to software that is efficient in sampling. But I'm using Bias Peak Pro right now, and i'm looking to switch when I get my new workstation. What is really good for sampling? I hear good things about DP7.

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
Are u just referring to an app to strictly chop your samples with? Or are you talking more about an entire workstation like a DAW?

I prefer Recycle for just chopping, and LogicPro for chopping/composing/mixing/etc. Both apps can actually chop a sample out really easy. But recycles batch export is extremely quick and streamlined if all you need is a chopped break, etc.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
To chop samples...for me....COOL EDIT PRO!!!!

But I'm really looking into the maschine.....and may invest in it....use some of my work bonus money to cop it after the Mac is purchased...

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
oh man maschine is awesome!

That video at the main page kinda sold me....the ease of it was crazy....

That program may be the answer to all my questions.

lion-ucs

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Wavosaur for chopping
ReCycle for slicing, unless I'm not in Reason. In that case ShortCircuit, its awesome.

Ozmosis

Sound Tight Productions
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 201
That video at the main page kinda sold me....the ease of it was crazy....

That program may be the answer to all my questions.

Make sure your PC is equipped for Maschine, thats where I made my mistake. My pc is pretty old and NI products are CPU hungry, but Maschine is sweet.

And check out some of that guys videos on youtube before he got Maschine, type in Altruwest.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Yeah, Oz..If I get it, it would be after I get my iMac...No point in getting that thing for my current PC, which is on it's last day...

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
Wavosaur for chopping
ReCycle for slicing, unless I'm not in Reason. In that case ShortCircuit, its awesome.

ReCycle is obviously useful for creating REX files for Reason, but you dont have to use it for just that. You can actually use it to chop your samples like normal and batch all the slices out into a folder, its really easy.

tekboi

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
problem I have with recycle is the file size limit when you're importing files. Back in my windows days I used ACID which was awesome. Right now i'm looking for a vst (until I get maschine) that does what recycle does or better since i'm switching to logic studio soon. I'll look into all of the mentioned apps here.

thx

lion-ucs

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
problem I have with recycle is the file size limit when you're importing files. Back in my windows days I used ACID which was awesome. Right now i'm looking for a vst (until I get maschine) that does what recycle does or better since i'm switching to logic studio soon. I'll look into all of the mentioned apps here.

thx

theres a Size Limit? I only know of the Time limit -- unless thats what you meant.
and yea, it sucks. What if I dont feel like chopping the song, what if I just wanna slice in entire song eh? its gotta be under... is it 1 minute? that sounds about right...

Speaking of 1 minute or less, I gotta do another blackbook page. <--- That'll become clear soon enough

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
what..the...fuck?

LMAO!!

Dude..that Maschine video has sold me....seriously....I would probably have to put FL Studio down....for good for that thing..