The best USB mic?

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
I have a friend who wants to buy a mic, and since he´s not really that good with audio prod (he wants to do it for fun but still wants good quality sound), I suggested a USB mic.

The one I knew at the time was the Samson C01U USB Condenser mic. since then, I made a little research and found out that there are a couple of others:

NADY USB-24M USB MIC
M-AUDIO SESSION MUSIC PRODUCER USB MIC
AUDIO-TECHNICA AT2020 USB CONDENSER MIC
OSP CU-02 USB CONDENSER MIC
SNOWBALL BLUE USB MIC

What do you think of those? Is there another one that is better than those?

static

static yessir
ill o.g.
snow ball is trash
have a feeling the m-audio might be a "cheesy" one
the nady has to suck the last nady mic i used which was XLR or w.e. didint have the best quality

im going to look into the usb mics even though iw ouldint suggest one for anyone and get back to you when i get outta school famo.

God

Creator of the Universe
ill o.g.
I have a friend who wants to buy a mic, and since he´s not really that good with audio prod (he wants to do it for fun but still wants good quality sound), I suggested a USB mic.

The one I knew at the time was the Samson C01U USB Condenser mic. since then, I made a little research and found out that there are a couple of others:

NADY USB-24M USB MIC
M-AUDIO SESSION MUSIC PRODUCER USB MIC
AUDIO-TECHNICA AT2020 USB CONDENSER MIC
OSP CU-02 USB CONDENSER MIC
SNOWBALL BLUE USB MIC

What do you think of those? Is there another one that is better than those?

USB mics are for kids, man. At least tell him to get a cheap used mixer and an SM-58 if he wants to go ghetto.

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
USB mics are for kids, man. At least tell him to get a cheap used mixer and an SM-58 if he wants to go ghetto.

shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit... lol

Thing is, he aint no serious MC or beatmaker but stilll wants some sound quality. Basic sound card, bacic computer...

He's just a guy who likes to d/l instrumentals on the net, record vocal over and pass it on to friends for fun. I mean, he was using the mic from a camera to record his voice.

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
oh USB mic would work in that case. as long as he's not looking for professional quality.

static

static yessir
ill o.g.

MagnaOpera

Comes Equipped...
ill o.g.
Yes the vox sound thin. I don't really understand the whole "usb mics are shit, so DON'T record for a few more months, save up, but a nice mic (so that when you inevitably fail at making it big or get bored of your hobby you can sell it for a fraction of the price you paid. Because everyone except for "kids" [who would presumably be the only ones buying the USB mic off of you] knows when they're getting ripped off)" argument.

And for the record I feel that the snowball sounds less "thin" than those tracks you posted static.