the big reference.....

O

open mind

sorry for my dumbness but what do u mean referecing during mixdown? how many using what?

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
open mind said:
sorry for my dumbness but what do u mean referecing during mixdown? how many using what?

My thoughts exactly.. DJ Increment.. I have no clue what you are talking about...

Do you mean reference files in harbal... Reference monitors... what?

DJ Increment

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
yeah u no like 4 levels/eqs tonal ...harbal type balancing ///frequency spectrum type of stuff??? so wat i mean is do u use a reference track (song)during mixing down a beat as guide or doesnt that usually happen at the mastering stage

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
oooh... i dont use a reference song at all....

only references i use are ".ref" files IF and when i use harbal.

MarkN

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 55
if you listen to any track that is professionally produced that is a similar type of style to yours it will be a good reference, doesnt really matter what it is as long as its well produced and mastered and its similar !

O

open mind

no doubt!
i heard something about it too like A/B mixing and stuff like that A is your mix and B is the reference.then while u mixing yours u switch back and forth to listen if its close frequence wise and loudnes etc. its not a bad thing to have a reference.

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
lol. yes most do save this for the mastering.

Its more of a hassle to be switchin back n forth. If u want them to sound the same mixwise, just match loudness and try and get the Harmonics and Eq to match up approximately

members online