the broke mans studio?

Vince

2Cool2BeAHebrew
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
I record with the built in mic on my webcam. I record with a downloaded copy of Acid Pro.

B

Burna

100? damn man, i cant even think of somthing i spent a $100 dollars on studio wise.
I would recomend a low priced microphone. You can pick one up at RadioShack an actually nice one for about 45$ with a preamp(depending on the mic), and a mic stand to start off with.

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 68
Money said:
100? damn man, i cant even think of somthing i spent a $100 dollars on studio wise.
I would recomend a low priced microphone. You can pick one up at RadioShack an actually nice one for about 45$ with a preamp(depending on the mic), and a mic stand to start off with.

word man,,,thats how most of us started. I had a radio shack mic,,,,go on ebay and look for a decent soundcard,,,start somewhere

Kevin A

Differentiated Rebel
ill o.g.
You can find the Nady SCM-900 Studio Condenser Microphone for 39.99 at amazon.com.
Art tube Pre amp is about $100.
Try nexttag.com to compare prices for things you find online, or put price check in your search engine and a list of sites that do price checks will come up. Use the one of your choice.

Kevin A

Differentiated Rebel
ill o.g.
I have a Behringer B-2 mic and I'm actually considering getting the Nady SCM-900 just to see how it compares to a higher costing mic.

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
^^^Pretty sure he meant drivers... but tell use exactly what programs you use and what's in your computer... We'll be able to help you better taht way...

By the way, Vince's idea is the best, if you wanna go cheap (and if you have a webcam). If you have a camcorder, you can plug it in your sound card...

In any other case, if you wanna go cheap, the only thing you really need is a mic... so go for a cheap dynamic mic you can plug directly to your computer like at radio Shack or at any electronic store... a friend of mine even recorded with a headset

... or there is also the USB condenser mic from Samson that is under 100$ (and that you'll be able to use even if you upgrade your setup, since its an average quality mic...

http://www.musiciansbuy.com/Samson_CO1U_Microphone_C01U.html

only setback is, since it's a sensitive mic, you'll need to have a mic stand (or something to hold the mic) and a pop filter...

Then, you'll need a record booth (somewhere to record your takes)... since you dont want to pick up parasite noises (cuz the mic is sensitive)...

so bottom line, if you wanna go cheap, go cheap all the way (radio shack...), cuz when you start to buy some good equipment, prices go up real REAL quick...

j0ker

ill o.g.
i would just use all software via download & spend your money on a better mic, if youre tryin to record that is...or just use the money for a midi controller

A

Authority

A man wat they are sayin is true .....Your gonna have to start sum where....yah feel me......And work your way up as you get more experienced and more money......But even if you had a pro studio and pro equipment you wouldnt be able to make a record sound like a professional because you dont have enough experience.....Trial and Error.....but yea ......To tell you the truth i started of with these things:A circuit city mic,A low quality tape recorder and Insrtumentals to Used rap songs..........Now i make my own records and beats.......P.S. im only 16 yrs and i got no job yet......lol