The Canadian Music Scene in the 2005/2006??

J-malice

PRODUCER ALMIGHTY!!
ill o.g.
aight what do yall think of the music comin from canada??? there was a throwback thread about this b4 but im bringin it back up...of course my manz kardinal offishall is holdin it down no doubt...but someone else yalll need to check for is my manz J. Robb da kids sick wit it...i expect to hear more from him soon...he from da t. dot too so yall check him out..

how do u think the music from canada has came along within these last couple years???

and where do you see it goin within these next couple??? holla at ya boi

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
Well, I think we will eventually be the next South... but it will take a bit of time, I think. Here, in Montreal, the hiphop scene is blooming, but it's still an underground movement. Radio is barely starting to play canadian (quebec's) hiphop on big mainstream station (radio and TV)... As for the rest of Canada, well I dont know. but I hope for the best

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Montreal's scene has always been underground. From back in the early 90's right up until now, it seems like it's always going to stay that way. Which is good in some ways, because that's where you get a lot of good quality music from hungry artists (let's not start a debate), but on the other hand, if these artists want to "blow up", then I believe this isn't the town.

In my books, T.O. will always be the one city here in Canada that will actually get out in the spotlight.

DJ Excellence

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 229
Fade said:
Montreal's scene has always been underground. From back in the early 90's right up until now, it seems like it's always going to stay that way. Which is good in some ways, because that's where you get a lot of good quality music from hungry artists (let's not start a debate), but on the other hand, if these artists want to "blow up", then I believe this isn't the town.

Vive KC LMNOP ! ....lol just kidding

S

Spen Zilla

Rugged Intellect from Montreal is getting some shine. His album is being executively produced by my manager Domingo, and he has tracks with Rakim and Kool G Rap among others. Tdot movement is in the works, Canada's on a slow come up, slow though.

StraDivaRius

So determined....
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 94
I agree with the comment that Canada will eventually become the next south, look how long it took to the US to realise(to a major level) that the south had a lot of talent, and thats within the same country!

Montreal like everyone said is in a particular situation, there is the language barrier!
I mean you have to take it as an advantage....not to brag but being french gave me my first gold record!

Rugged Intelect is in Fact really dope, Bless grew up in Montreal too.
Cat Burglaz(what up Shan) are ill too, Muzion are down with Wyclef...

I see the Canadian hip-hop scene becoming part of the growing hip-hop movement!
Hopefully imma part of that
In the mean time

REAL CITY(Montreal for everybody else) STAND THE F**K UP!

hey yo fade when are we going to round up the Mtl click?

Peace
Strada
coldvibe@gmail.com

PHV

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Montreal has a lot of terrible rap...

I haven't heard anything from Cat Burglaz or Bless that is good... although Bless is way better than the former. of what I have heard, Sans Pressions is the best local rapper, but he's french.

I should add that the label Capitol Profit Records is getting a bit of attention. This dude Massari is on that label, a party/rnb guy. His partner is "Belly" who opened for Nas... even though they're from Ottawa, Belly has money and hired Loon to be on some tracks. Maybe they will be the next big thing from Canada?

members online