The Countdown (Enjoy)

Im detecting a strong neo soul influence
I really like your style bro
Definitely fam lol I love neo soul hip-hop, a lot my influences are producers like J-Dilla, 9thwonder, Robert Glasper, Kev Brown etc. A few because of sampling and a few because of what they choose to sample. I also listen to a lot of neo soul artists as well and that also has a lot to do with my style. But I do love gritty hip-hop as well. I just haven't done a lot of that lately, but it's in my archive

Definitely fam lol I love neo soul hip-hop, a lot my influences are producers like J-Dilla, 9thwonder, Robert Glasper, Kev Brown etc. A few because of sampling and a few because of what they choose to sample. I also listen to a lot of neo soul artists as well and that also has a lot to do with my style. But I do love gritty hip-hop as well. I just haven't done a lot of that lately, but it's in my archive
looking forward to hearing more

you playing all that stuff yourself?

wish i knew how to get my drums and mixes like that. can never get that clunky vibe
Yessir! Well the drums I programmed in because I didn't have my Maschine at the time I made this. All the instruments I played through a VST, the second half of the track has a sample on top of me playing the horns and vocals and yeah, rest is history lol

I felt the first part is out sonically / key? Just doesn't glue together for me. Strange nobody mentioned that unless it's my ear, but I'll stay with my decision on that, doesn't sound pleasing at all.

@ 1.23, dope man, now I'm feeling this shit! Very chill with slow head nodder, really like this man, sonically i could listen to this on repeat!

@3.30 kind off of kilter again but i kinda still like this too.

Unique style brother, you're doing ya own thing, refreshing!

Sole Element

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 1
Lovin those drums. I heard the bass you mentioned it sounded good to me! Those pianos are very smooth and catchy. Good stuff