The Drum Buss effect for kicks in Ableton Live 10 Suite bumps!

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Dope video. That's something I like to do too, adjusting the kick either like that or sometimes just by layering it with another kick. But that's a smooth sample though!

TACTIK

The most unique producer on here
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 527
Dope video. That's something I like to do too, adjusting the kick either like that or sometimes just by layering it with another kick. But that's a smooth sample though!
Nice thanks Fade, I could imagine how layering helps too as I tend to layer snares at times! That Drum Buss effect is like a layer to me when I make it just 50-75% wet after booming it up so I can hear the regular kick better. One of my new favorite effects in Ableton 10 Suite I had to share.

TACTIK

ill o.g.
Thats usually how I start every beat, I start with a basic loop that can just keep going on its own, then I over produce the fuck out it hahahaha
I am going through old unfinished loops and mesmerized how I never finished them and its saving me so much time to get the beat started. Adding new midi sounds and stuff producing the fuck out of it at that point when it's all ready to go can be amazing. So glad to save my unfinished beats. Just a few changes make can em sound like now

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Ableton is like 50/50 for me though. It has great features but some things make me want to punch something. I do like the built-in effects though.

Ableton is like 50/50 for me though. It has great features but some things make me want to punch something. I do like the built-in effects though.
I used abelton lite that came with an interface for about 10 mins, I was like wtf is this interface, its not 1998 anymore. I never got past that.

I am going through old unfinished loops and mesmerized how I never finished them and its saving me so much time to get the beat started. Adding new midi sounds and stuff producing the fuck out of it at that point when it's all ready to go can be amazing. So glad to save my unfinished beats. Just a few changes make can em sound like now
I have the source files for beats going back to around 2006. I saw an artist(painter) once say "Never throw away your art" he said because you can see your progression, but for me it also allows you to go back to some of my best beats from the past and bring them up to date with my current skill set.
I couldnt agree more, never get rid of old source files.

TACTIK

ill o.g.
I may get into a sidechain Compression thing about playing multiple samples at once that dont let your levels peak n stuff if interested.

Last edited:

members online