the equipment the Neptunes use

booya_nang

A breath of fre$h air!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 76
Thats a whole lot of equipment they got, good luck to myself on tryna catch up lol

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
Yeh this article is an extreme upgrade on this very same article that was right here on ill maybe 4 year or more ago LOL , they used the Korg 01 W for a lot of sounds too, and this was on some of their first joints though I think...see what more money does for ya??? I wonder is 9th wonder decided to go and do the same thing???

BeatAssassin

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Neptunes sound is easy to recreate. They really don't have anything that dynamic. There drum you can buy from Modern beats. They have the closes sounding ones. Most of the time there using live instrument. Lots of vintage sythn sound. Snoop Song drop it like it's hots uses the MicroKorg. Really why would anyone want to recreate there sound anyway. Pharrel new albums is more like 80"s Sytn music.

TKNK

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I dont wanna bash what you found but they dont use really none of that stuff pictured,i have a Korg Triton and the Neptunes make every single song using nearly every sound from some sort of Korg keyboard as all the sounds i can find on my keyboard and many other Korg's as certain sounds arent on in others. Theres no doubt he uses them but its always a song full of Korg product sounds.Im always showing my friends all sorts of song patterns on my Triton that the Neptunes or Timbaland did.And in case you dont know Timbaland is the same way.He uses a triton,on every track since 1999.(if you watch Jay-Z's "Fade to Black" dvd you'll see him on a korg Triton playing beats from it)

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
...mmmmmh I've seen pics of his studio and read an article on Pharrel and I'm pretty shure he uses more than just the Triton... maybe most sounds can be found there, but I'm pretty sure it's not ALL the sounds...

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
he didnt use a M1 on rump shaker that's for sure. Who says they make tracks in the same studio, a good set of brains will use anything in reach which doesnt need to be your gear.

TKNK

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
sYgMa said:
...mmmmmh I've seen pics of his studio and read an article on Pharrel and I'm pretty shure he uses more than just the Triton... maybe most sounds can be found there, but I'm pretty sure it's not ALL the sounds...

...uummmmh No.Korg products are his preferred weapon of choose,its evident in every single he produces like "Ludacris -Money Maker","Robin Thicke -Wanna Love you" or his single "Pharrell & Kanye -Number 1".Everbody knows that particular products have VERY unique sounds not found on everyboard,plus sounds never sound excatly alike unless they were sampled from that board.If Korg products were a percent in his production it would be 80-90% was made using a Korg product.Man ive been using just my Triton for 6years now, i know & can tell whats been made using it pretty f**ck'n well just like anybody else thats had a piece of equipment for a while.

Timbaland playing tracks for Jay-Z
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=garm...pot.com/2006/08/timbalands-greatest-hits.html

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
^^^^I dont really get what you're saying no for... but I get what you're saying... even if you use a lot of synths and hardware, everyone has a base that he works more on.

S

soul973

TKNK said:
I dont wanna bash what you found but they dont use really none of that stuff pictured,i have a Korg Triton and the Neptunes make every single song using nearly every sound from some sort of Korg keyboard as all the sounds i can find on my keyboard and many other Korg's as certain sounds arent on in others. Theres no doubt he uses them but its always a song full of Korg product sounds.Im always showing my friends all sorts of song patterns on my Triton that the Neptunes or Timbaland did.And in case you dont know Timbaland is the same way.He uses a triton,on every track since 1999.(if you watch Jay-Z's "Fade to Black" dvd you'll see him on a korg Triton playing beats from it)[/QUOTE U R wrong the actual keyboard timbo plays beats on for jayz in fade to black is the ensoniq asr 88 sample workstation an how do i no cause i ,ve been using it since 97 i no that keyboard blindfolded peace out aka soul.

JPeg

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
certain equipment influences how u work and thus makes it more or less likely to produce a certain sound.

so if u have an sp12 with 10 secs of sample sound those limitations will force u to work in a certain way thus yeilding a certain sound.

so u cant rule out equipment and say it aint a factor

O

open mind

TKNK said:
...uummmmh No.Korg products are his preferred weapon of choose,its evident in every single he produces like "Ludacris -Money Maker","Robin Thicke -Wanna Love you" or his single "Pharrell & Kanye -Number 1".Everbody knows that particular products have VERY unique sounds not found on everyboard,plus sounds never sound excatly alike unless they were sampled from that board.If Korg products were a percent in his production it would be 80-90% was made using a Korg product.Man ive been using just my Triton for 6years now, i know & can tell whats been made using it pretty f**ck'n well just like anybody else thats had a piece of equipment for a while.

Timbaland playing tracks for Jay-Z
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=garm...pot.com/2006/08/timbalands-greatest-hits.html
why the majority of the pros got the triton i really dont understand it its really a HUUUUUGE group that uses it.wutup with the fantoms motifs are they lacking in sumtin?

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 207
tritons and motifs are all over the place in pro studios.. every big name producer prolly has both of those boards somewhere even if they dont use them.... i agree that u can pick out patches from boards in songs u hear .. i hear motif presets everyday all day on the radio... its all about what u like and what u are comfortable with... pharell has all that stuff but he sticks mostly to an asr10, korg o1w, microkorg and triton .... timbaland uses a triton,asr10 and a set of customized vsts ... swiss beats uses a phantom with an mpc .... those producers prolly got tons of boards/modules that they occasionally use but for the most part they just stick to there bread and butter pieces of equipment that they know in and out...

and alot of these guys are travelling all the time and making beats on the spot at diffrent studios so they basically use the tools they have at their disposal

classic

I am proud to be southern
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 90
Ash Holmz said:
tritons and motifs are all over the place in pro studios.. every big name producer prolly has both of those boards somewhere even if they dont use them.... i agree that u can pick out patches from boards in songs u hear .. i hear motif presets everyday all day on the radio... its all about what u like and what u are comfortable with... pharell has all that stuff but he sticks mostly to an asr10, korg o1w, microkorg and triton .... timbaland uses a triton,asr10 and a set of customized vsts ... swiss beats uses a phantom with an mpc .... those producers prolly got tons of boards/modules that they occasionally use but for the most part they just stick to there bread and butter pieces of equipment that they know in and out...

and alot of these guys are travelling all the time and making beats on the spot at diffrent studios so they basically use the tools they have at their disposal

damn those smash brothers cats are pretty smart.... i wanna be like those negro's when i grown up

EvRy1~MaN

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Damn

I was lookin for somethin on the neptune's equipment lately,good lookin fam.

Any1 got some more production videos or studio session footage on the neptunes?