The Fall of 50 Cent

nobodyelse

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 10
I thought this was an interesting article. That bully shit only works for so long before you either get knocked the fuck out, shot up, or realize that you may want friends that aren't all scared of you or the power you presume to have as a bully. http://blogs.villagevoice.com/music/2012/09/50_cent_curtis_decline.php I think had 50 played his cards right he could still be a force, maybe not the way he once was but more relevant than he is now musically.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Ya that's the thing, he disappeared but at the same time at least he's got other stuff going on, plus he's loaded. I don't think he's crying himself to sleep lol. Good article though.

wizard

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 141
yeah hes got to much money! but the tmt boxing thing took a dive and heard he is stepping back from the whole boxing thing!one fighter's contract went to flodys company already wondering wants going to happen to gambioa and Darell's contract! but with money like that he can do what ever he wants!

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
When you get that rich, people don't believe you as much.... Plus he stopped being hungry, because regardless of what he does, he'll be making money.... so yeah.....

skidflow

Boom Bap is precious art
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 214
I think the music buyers of today (the Generation M kids) don't feed into the negativity that 50's music brings. The kids of today ain't on gangsta type stuff...matterfact most rap lyrics today always contain a line about how "your girls on my such and such", "your girl this", "your girl that". I think 50's music may be to harsh for kids of today IMO.

God

Creator of the Universe
ill o.g.
50 Cent's fall began with the release of The Massacre. Too much dependence on Scott Storch and radio hits aimed to the female demographic (think "Candy Shop.") The beat selection wasn't as hot, probably because 50 Cent had more input into it. From what I heard, 50 was mad at Dr. Dre for focusing on other projects and started looking for beats himself. GRODT was a hot album because the beat selection was right. Also, it had the combination of aggressive gangster feel to it.

50 tried to do the same thing, but the beats just weren't that hot. He fell off by being too overexposed in the media. He was promoting G-Unit this and that instead of focusing on the quality of his work.

He was real on GRODT, the streets loved him and loved that album. In the end, he won, because he's one of the richest entertainers on the planet. But he will never be able to get the same credibility.

He migrated from rapper to businessman. He uses his fame to promote businesses he owns.

I honestly don't think he was ever a true artist. He was a really smart guy who used rap as a way to get out of the ghetto.