The future of hip-hop

TriKRaps

Whats life without hip-hop?
Battle Points: 4
Before i start let me get this of the way.... for those who say, lets take hip-hop back....Why take hip-hop back? Why not take hip-hop further and actually make it better, i didnt live the golden era but im pretty sure that this is a bad idea. Its like a movie where there is a really good scene and you just stop moving forward to the movie you just stop and rewatch this scene until your dvd dies out. For most people that wouldnt be fun. 2 golden eras would be boring and i think a lot of you are getting nostalgic and remember only the good times... ok so now to the question... For me trap is not the future of hip-hop. Its just not. It is a good sub genre which has to offer some stuff but calling it THE FUTURE OF AN ENTIRE MUSIC GENRE? nah i wont take it... so if trap doesnt do it.... what's gonna do it? Whats the future of hip-hop? we cant just stay looping the same things over and over and over again... we are not pop music... thats what makes hip-hop different... and something last... lets just stop with 4/4 already, i know its good but we could get a little diverse dont you guys think?

Nahshon Beasley

Beatmaker
Battle Points: 6
Before i start let me get this of the way.... for those who say, lets take hip-hop back....Why take hip-hop back? Why not take hip-hop further and actually make it better, i didnt live the golden era but im pretty sure that this is a bad idea. Its like a movie where there is a really good scene and you just stop moving forward to the movie you just stop and rewatch this scene until your dvd dies out. For most people that wouldnt be fun. 2 golden eras would be boring and i think a lot of you are getting nostalgic and remember only the good times... ok so now to the question... For me trap is not the future of hip-hop. Its just not. It is a good sub genre which has to offer some stuff but calling it THE FUTURE OF AN ENTIRE MUSIC GENRE? nah i wont take it... so if trap doesnt do it.... what's gonna do it? Whats the future of hip-hop? we cant just stay looping the same things over and over and over again... we are not pop music... thats what makes hip-hop different... and something last... lets just stop with 4/4 already, i know its good but we could get a little diverse dont you guys think?
Yes Absolutely, I Agree 100% ... For Me In My Opinion, I Feel Like Hip-Hop's Foundation Was Built On An AnyThing Goes Mindset, Im Not Sayin We Should Turn Pop, But Elevate The Thingz/Aspects That Made Hip-Hop/Rap a Rebellious Culture/ Genre 2 Begin With, So Yeah, I Agree :) ... As Far As What The Future...Idk, Thats The Beauty Of Hip-Hop/Rap, Hip-Hop Heads and Producers Alike Won't Ever Know What The Future Holds, My Advice Iz: Be The Change U Wanna See :) ... Be Part Of The Diversity u Wanna See :)

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
@TriKRaps I agree. When I say "let's take Hip Hop back" to me it's more or less taking back what was once ours, so to speak. In other words, to a point where the music is about the music and not about the money and fame.

The Golden Era was indeed very dope but of course we can't go back to that because it's all been done already. I listen to a lot of that stuff still but there's times when I get tired of it and listen to something else.

Like @Nahshon Beasley said - it's about "anything goes". I just make beats, that's it. I just let the music flow out and into the Maschine pads. Sometimes I make something that sounds the Golden Era, other times it's completely different.

I think the main thing everyone should start doing is just making beats regardless if it will make them money or not. Trap is a certain style but it's definitely not what defines Hip Hop.

The one thing that I really can't stand is that today's style of Hip Hop is VERY mediocre, and that's not good because for people that don't listen to Hip Hop, it must sounds really fucking terrible to them!

TriKRaps

Yes Absolutely, I Agree 100% ... For Me In My Opinion, I Feel Like Hip-Hop's Foundation Was Built On An AnyThing Goes Mindset, Im Not Sayin We Should Turn Pop, But Elevate The Thingz/Aspects That Made Hip-Hop/Rap a Rebellious Culture/ Genre 2 Begin With, So Yeah, I Agree :) ... As Far As What The Future...Idk, Thats The Beauty Of Hip-Hop/Rap, Hip-Hop Heads and Producers Alike Won't Ever Know What The Future Holds, My Advice Iz: Be The Change U Wanna See :) ... Be Part Of The Diversity u Wanna See :)
Even if i do it and be the diverse ill just be the weird guy, and believe greek rap scene is waaaaay too narow minded to accept something different that the old same 4/4 boom bap boom boom bap
@TriKRaps I agree. When I say "let's take Hip Hop back" to me it's more or less taking back what was once ours, so to speak. In other words, to a point where the music is about the music and not about the money and fame.

The Golden Era was indeed very dope but of course we can't go back to that because it's all been done already. I listen to a lot of that stuff still but there's times when I get tired of it and listen to something else.

Like @Nahshon Beasley said - it's about "anything goes". I just make beats, that's it. I just let the music flow out and into the Maschine pads. Sometimes I make something that sounds the Golden Era, other times it's completely different.

I think the main thing everyone should start doing is just making beats regardless if it will make them money or not. Trap is a certain style but it's definitely not what defines Hip Hop.

The one thing that I really can't stand is that today's style of Hip Hop is VERY mediocre, and that's not good because for people that don't listen to Hip Hop, it must sounds really fucking terrible to them!
Agree on most of these, but i dont think all mainstream rap is mediocre, there is eminem, there is hopsin, there is snak the ripper, madchild, merkules and soo much more known rappers...

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Some of today's rappers are good but still nothing compared to the old days. I know it's a different time but most of the time I just can't wrap my head around some of these artists.

TriKRaps

Some of today's rappers are good but still nothing compared to the old days. I know it's a different time but most of the time I just can't wrap my head around some of these artists.
i never lived this period so i dont know man, but it bothers me when people say hip-hop is weak or dead, there are soo much people that still love this thing, so i cant understand why... :/

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
I understand that there are some good artists out there today but it's hard to really like it when I know Hip Hop used to be so much better. I really try to check out today's stuff but I don't find much of it enjoyable. A lot of it for me has to do with the time period as well. In the 80's and 90's I was much younger so of course it had a bigger affect on me.

Nahshon Beasley

Beatmaker
Battle Points: 6
Even if i do it and be the diverse ill just be the weird guy, and believe greek rap scene is waaaaay too narow minded to accept something different that the old same 4/4 boom bap boom boom bap

Agree on most of these, but i dont think all mainstream rap is mediocre, there is eminem, there is hopsin, there is snak the ripper, madchild, merkules and soo much more known rappers...
@TriKRaps U Can't Let Being Weird Stop U From Being Musicaly Legendary One Day, Especially When It Comes To A Culture/Genre Where Anything Goes... Take A Chance, Take A Risk... Some Of The Greatest People In Hip-Hop/Rap Either Started Out Weird, Or Created Their Brand To Revolve Around The Concept Of Being "Weird" ... (Ex: Kanye West, Chance The Rapper, Odd Future ) #HaveNoFear #TakeARisk... Most Of The Time, As Long As It Doesn't Sound The Same As Everybody Else... Being Weird In Hip-Hop/ Rap (Especially Nowadayz) Iz A Good Thing :)

members online