the greats come in 4's

Sober

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
(White rapper + ability to rhyme + established lable+ excellent marketing=$$$$$$$$$)

So if any other rapper lets not mention color or race here, had ability to rhyme, an established lable, and excellent marketing, they wouldn't be successful? what are you trying to say here? um i think jay z , ludacris , 50 cent comes to mind when i add those up....lol

Black rapper + ability to rhyme + established lable+ excellent marketing=$$$$$$$$$

I think it works out both ways. I think many people are just looking for excuses not to give em his props.

acouple of you haters don't even know the difference between a diss record and battling. I keep mentioning em would rip these guys in a one on one battle, battling "off the dome" you guys keep mentioning hit singles and diss tracks. Whats with that?

And your coment goldy on people hoping eminem like they did for vanilla ice, what does that mean? i think you need to finish that statement. It makes no sense as of now or at least explain it.

You can scratch out crooked i and kurupt, canibus is dope and ras kass too, both are my top fav mc's and are very dope "battle mcs". If em had no battling skills why hasn't canibus responded to eminem? i think theres a reason why your fav mc's do not want to battle em.

Anways i think many of us wont see eye to eye here. You guys can keep crying that its because hes white or that he has no skills, but the proof is all there.

1. Before he was famous he battled the top battling mc's. And whether you like it or not your fav mc's will tell you themselfs that em is one of the top battling mc's
2. He got signed by dre because dre heard his freestyles on the radio.
3. All the beef hes had and diss tracks he has made he has totally won. Sure the opponents where weak but im yet to here canibus since hes a dope battling mc reply to eminem.
4. He has sold a lot of records. Which means he has a lot of fans. Which means he connects to the hip hop listeners. Which leads me to believe he has "put his life into his music and has tried to touch people with his art".

put their lives into their music and try to touch people with their art.

^Which pretty much a lot of mainstream rappers do , such as jay z , nas , and 50 but you wont label them as close as pac or biggie. Pac and biggie have influenced hip hop in many ways but to claim they totally spawned a new era of hip hop is not right here. Both are deciples of rakim and NWA. You guys need to stop acting like pac and biggie brought out the streets in hip hop. Save that shit they are not gods of rap. Rakim was the illest mc ever.

Sober

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Oh yeah its funny you guys never mention

Black rapper + ability to rhyme + established lable+ excellent marketing=$$$$$$$$$

Thats funny cause you have death row and bad boy, labels that have or had at pacs and biggies time, had way more advertisement and where way bigger labels that aftermath and em's first album which made him a star.

So don't go that route because pac and biggie had way more advertisement and a better labels in thier times.

Man....can you guys read? I didn't say battle rap started in the west coast. I said coming straight off the dome with no written raps started in the west.

This is the truth. Of course peopel from the east coast won't admit to it. While your gods like krs one and all the late 80's and early 90's east coast rappers where "so called comeing off the dome"

you had west coast rappers like project blowed ripping mics and battling off the dome daily. You had battles like hiero vs hobo junction live on radio. Snoop and a lot of the NWA cats helped out in the freestyle off the dome no written raps category too. Everyone knows this, you guys just don't want to admit to it. At that time the east where into their diss tracks while the west was settling beef and battles live one on one face to face straight off the dome. Oh yeah lets not forget murs and the logcabin crew but you east coast guys wouldn't know anything about that would u....

come on get with the program here

Craig Gantt

Microphone Violator
ill o.g.
Originally posted by Sober
So if any other rapper lets not mention color or race here, had ability to rhyme, an established lable, and excellent marketing, they wouldn't be successful? what are you trying to say here? um i think jay z , ludacris , 50 cent comes to mind when i add those up....lol

I think it works out both ways. I think many people are just looking for excuses not to give em his props.

acouple of you haters don't even know the difference between a diss record and battling. I keep mentioning em would rip these guys in a one on one battle, battling "off the dome" you guys keep mentioning hit singles and diss tracks. Whats with that?

And your coment goldy on people hoping eminem like they did for vanilla ice, what does that mean? i think you need to finish that statement. It makes no sense as of now or at least explain it.

You can scratch out crooked i and kurupt, canibus is dope and ras kass too, both are my top fav mc's and are very dope "battle mcs". If em had no battling skills why hasn't canibus responded to eminem? i think theres a reason why your fav mc's do not want to battle em.

Anways i think many of us wont see eye to eye here. You guys can keep crying that its because hes white or that he has no skills, but the proof is all there.

1. Before he was famous he battled the top battling mc's. And whether you like it or not your fav mc's will tell you themselfs that em is one of the top battling mc's
2. He got signed by dre because dre heard his freestyles on the radio.
3. All the beef hes had and diss tracks he has made he has totally won. Sure the opponents where weak but im yet to here canibus since hes a dope battling mc reply to eminem.
4. He has sold a lot of records. Which means he has a lot of fans. Which means he connects to the hip hop listeners. Which leads me to believe he has "put his life into his music and has tried to touch people with his art".

^Which pretty much a lot of mainstream rappers do , such as jay z , nas , and 50 but you wont label them as close as pac or biggie. Pac and biggie have influenced hip hop in many ways but to claim they totally spawned a new era of hip hop is not right here. Both are deciples of rakim and NWA. You guys need to stop acting like pac and biggie brought out the streets in hip hop. Save that shit they are not gods of rap. Rakim was the illest mc ever.

Ok heres what Im sayin the equation that I gave you does not work with every rapper you want an example look at somebody like scarface you all know him but hes deffinitely not getting what he should whether you realize it or not the fact that Eminem is white and can rap gives him a MAJOR edge. Why do you think Dre signed him? Dre loves shocking people and what better way than to try somethin every other label has been afraid to do since Vanilla Ice? Also Dre found Eminem first with a demo tape he didnt know Eminem was white at the time and was shocked shit when he found out that he was, he took a trip out to the rap olympics to see if Em could really battle, Em didnt win but he got a record deal.By saying that Em is a better battler than BIG your makin me believe that you havnt listened to much battlin or freestylin BIG did underground, believe more or check it out for yourself NOONE has even began to scratch the surface of the skill level of BIG's freestylin. Also Cannibus is not one of my favorite mc's but his shit is tight so I gotta give him props, besides Id rather listen to Cannibus tell me another street narritive than listen to Em talk bad about his mother, baby mama, and the public (that includes You and me). Now that I truly think of it Im not going to sit here and argue about this too much because in reality freestyle battles dont matter they dont sell so who cares? As for his record battles, look at who he is battling Cannibus(and if Cannibus had hot tracks against Em exactly who would he go to to get it promoted?), Benzino(sucks nuff said), and Ja (Blood in my eye has not been realesed yet but please believe that there are some throwed disses in there I heard that track with Fatal and the one with Crook, and also Im assuming you never heard Loose Change huh the last two lines of that is a harder than any diss Em sent at him cant remember how it goes exaclty somethin like 'You said ya mother was a crackhead and kim was a hoe/So what you think Hailey gonna be when she grows up"). As for him having fans thats easily explainable who buys records? A younger crowd right normally teenagers that are angry about alot of stupid shit like "my parents didnt get me this I hate them" or "I wish momy was dead" or "I hate my girlfriend she cheated on me" or "My teachers wont leave me alone" sound familiar? It should its pretty much Em's entire lyrical content. So record sells is what makes someone great huh? tell me how many of Em's albums went 10 times platinum?

Sober

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Loose Change huh the last two lines of that is a harder than any diss Em sent at him cant remember how it goes exaclty somethin like 'You said ya mother was a crackhead and kim was a hoe/So what you think Hailey gonna be when she grows up

Obviously your a little late there homie. Em has came out with like 2 or 3 diss tracks after that one ja rule diss track with that punk line taking shots at his daughter. go here to listen to all the diss tracks then make an honest opinion.
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/2/h1phopmusic.htm

you said this also "It should its pretty much Em's entire lyrical content. So record sells is what makes someone great huh? tell me how many of Em's albums went 10 times platinum?"

Read what you quoted me earlier "But skills don't really define being the dopest am I right? So what is considered to be the greatest? it is record sales and skills. The more the record sells the more fans. If the artist is able to hold his own and represent his skills the better he is going to be respected in hip hop." exactly what i said.

But anyways so no one will admit eminem is one of the best/top mc's out right now? If you don't agree explain why? i would love to hear this.

Craig Gantt

Microphone Violator
ill o.g.
^^^^ I heard those before those diss tracks are hot no doubt Em is a hot battler but thats not as hot as the tracks I heard off of Blood in My eye, its not the amount of disses you put out or who come out with what first, its the content of the diss example jay Z vs Nas Jay was pundin out Nas disses Nas only had to put out one track Either boom end of conflict no matter what jay wouldnt have put out it would have been enough to knock the crown off Nas.

Y

young le

well i think that as great as Eminem is, he will never have real street credibilty cause of his subject matter. Truthfully to get street cred, you have to talk about what's really happenin in the street. Em doesn't do this, cause he aint from the street (and there's nothin wrong w/ that) So, to get back on topic I think history repeats itself in a way. Pac's 'replacement' is 50. He is different from pac ina lot of ways but he's the closest thing to him thats out now. nas' replacment may be Ali Vegas. BIG and Jay's replacement aint really yet, but the closet to them in my mind are Beanie Sigel, Fabolous, and Jadakiss.
PS- I know yall seem to hate Fab on here, but he can really rhyme

Phonetik

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Are you all fuckin retarded? This is the most ridiculous thread. Correction: Eminem was underground way before 50 came into the picture. PLease, lets think of better stuff to talk about.

Craig Gantt

Microphone Violator
ill o.g.
Umm well I guess I agree with pheonix I like 50 better than em but I dont really like 50 that much, and that crazy media hype about 50 being the next Pac is bullshit THERE WILL NEVER BE ANOTHER PAC, the shit 50 talks about isnt even close to Pac's subject matter 50 is the first 50 and thats cool but another Tupac he aint.

E

Equality 7-2521

Em has skills and usually holds a subject. so hes alright. 50 has to read the chorus of his hit single from paper in order to record the album. so hes wack as it gets. 2 pac had skills, studied and dropped knowledge. so hes dope

Tim D

Bitchn' Bout IRS
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
50 cent should not even be in the same sentance as Tupac

Sober

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I honestly consider jay z and nas better than pac and biggie. Thats my opinion. I guess cause they have had a longer career than them. I think they have dropped the same quality type music pac and biggie have, and have done it longer than them for obvious reasons.

Mr_Black

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
the next 4 greats...well, big diffrence btw old jay z and new jay z, new jay z is the best rapper alive (sorry new nas, until you do illmatic again...u will always be below him)

Eminem- sorry yes hes white yes hes overated yes the music industry is totaly biased towards him but im sorry I cant deny this mans skill is phenominal respect....

Ludacris- sorry he has the most funniest style lol but I agree

Andre 3000- people cant deny this is probaly one of the most underated talents currnetly I think people get to focused on the outkast main singles or the whole andre/bigboy connection hopefully the double cd they just put out will make people notice him more..

E

Equality 7-2521

jay hasnt dropped anything but shit. and hasnt done anything for Hiphop

unlike the other two

Y

young le

I respect sober for havin the guts to say Jay and nas were better than pac and Big. I mean to me, Big would've been the greatest, but he only dropped two albums. Pac put out alot of material, but for every song that was hot, one was wack. anybody who puts out that much material is bound to have some songs that are wack. Jay had a six year run where nobody came close to him.
PS wait till beanie sigel get out of jail, he'll start to establish himself as a legend

Tim D

Bitchn' Bout IRS
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Im not taking sides or anything so dont start yelling at me lol j/w:
Do you think Pac and Biggie get more respect or are considered better just because they died?

members online