the homepage poll on illmuzik.com

Cam'rox

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
I'm sorry, fade i mean no disrespect, but i feel that that poll is extremely one-sided. i think that it makes this site look like it's just limited to being underground. and u can't "take hip-hop production to the next level" if u stay limited to one style of production. u may not trying to do that, but from looking at that poll, u can easily give ppl that idea. and it's evident, too. there are alot more "orthodox-underground" cats here, than there are cats who's production sound something other than what's underground, such as new school and dancehall. I'm just plain getting tired of seeing the same type of producers here all the time. it makes it hard to grow and expand ur knowledge as a producer.

now don't get me wrong, i'm not tryin to dis u or anything. i think ur an amazing person, seeing that u take time out your day everyday to help out up and coming producers. i just think should u make the site live up to its name a bit more. make it open to producers of ALL styles and ALL musical tastes. ALL producers should feel welcome here. that'll be better for the ppl that are already members here, also. it'll increase communication between producers of all different styles and help them understand different production styles a bit more, rather than just hating it all together just 'cause it's different. and i see that alot here.

but again, i definitely that poll on the homepage takes this a step backward in its goal to live up to its slogan.

just my 2 cents. i hope u understand my point of view.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
It's just a question. It doesn't reflect my opinion, I'm just asking a simple question. That's what the poll is for. So when I ask "Do you go digging often?" - does that mean I'm being 1-sided? Because everyone knows digging is done mainly by Hip-Hop producers.

But I don't get your post though - are you bitching about the question in the Poll? Or are you bitching about the fact that this site is only for Hip-Hop production?

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
Hehehe, it's a hiphop site fgs, there's finaly a well working hiphop biased producerforum on the net but I guess that still aint enough.

Poll ssssschmoll, it's a statistic on us with a fun freakwency review in the end, have you actualy read it.

ill o.g.
Fade,

You should do a poll like:

"What Tpye Of Music Do You Produce?
-Hip-Hop/Rap
-Rock
-Pop
-Country"

To show cam wat this site is really about.

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
blah blah blah.... come on cam!

look, first off, just because the majority of the site tends to be more of the underground persuasion, that doesnt mean that fade "tends" to these guys anymore than anyone else. its just a question. the poll has featured all types of questions.

the site is geared towards hip hop production... we have had polls regarding synths.... software...hardware..... etc... mainstream/commercial/underground questions, etc...

this is really a non-issue unless yo umake it an issue, cam.

everyone IS welcome here... and if other types of producers choose not to gravitate here, than that isnt on us as a staff. classic and i share the common thread of being keyboard-based, non-sampling producers who have VERY different styles. we talk all the time and give each other honest feedback... he does south beats at times and i do movie score themes at times... tricky spins (thanks for the pm by the way) tends to gravitate towrds movie score type beats as well.....

there are a lot of different styles well represented here. the site does tend to go more towards underground/east oast, but that isnt by design, cam.

Cam'rox

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
sry i didnt mean to offend anyone, geez. i will be meeting a lot of artists and producers real soon including lil jon and i was planning on teling every single one of them all about this site when i do meet them. i dont want lil jon to come here and feel disliked or nothing. and yes, i AM going to meet this guy pretty soon. record labels and artists come here all the time to talk with the dj's here. and i'll be at some of those meetings. i'm just tryin to help.

and i'm not talking about every poll u've ever put up, i'm talkin about this particular one.

i love this site. i love music period. everything about it. i just think everything is geared toward one specific genre of hip hop production. and if thats not true, then plez tell me why do guys who post links to music that is different (or most notably "commercial sounding") get knocked for it usually? I shouldn't have to be afraid to post up my dancehall-sounding beat up in the showcase, because theres alot of cats who dont understand dancehall and will knock it because of that. i'm not tryin to spark any kind of conflict here. i'm just tryin to help.

i'm sry if i offended anyone, that is definitely not my intention.

tricky spinz

Dead Man Walkin
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 12
hahahaha, i dont know about the rest of these guys, but honestly cam, i'm just playin.
:p. i don't think anybody was offended, however, if your reason for bringing it up was that you dont want lil john to come on here and be offended, then you kinda went about it in a weird way. especially since you never said that in your first post. so you kinda gave peeps the wrong impression i think.

Cam'rox

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
tricky spinz said:
hahahaha, i dont know about the rest of these guys, but honestly cam, i'm just playin.
:p. i don't think anybody was offended, however, if your reason for bringing it up was that you dont want lil john to come on here and be offended, then you kinda went about it in a weird way. especially since you never said that in your first post. so you kinda gave peeps the wrong impression i think.

yea i shoulda said that in the first place. but i wanted that to be a surprise for fade, tho.
but then, after seeing that poll, i kinda was thinking twice about telling them. i didnt want the to offended by it, thats all.

basically, all i'm sayng is that pol makes it seem like everyone here dislikes lil jon's work. there's really no way of saying anything good about him with the available answer choices in conjuntion with the qusetion. in other words, it sorta sounds like a trick question.