The leasing and selling of Beatz?

Decibal

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I have a pretty good question that one of ya may be able to answer.
Say your leasin beatz and someone wants to buy the track outright. What happens to all your customers that leased or are leasing that specific beat? Would you have to refund their money that they payed to lease the beat or what would happen exactly? I'm sure this has happened to many producers before, but I'm just curious as to what the deal would be.

Peace

Decibal

C

Copenhagen

Depends on what is put into the contract you made for leasing and for selling, I guess.

RigorMortis

Army Of Darkness
ill o.g.
can anybody put a decent leasing or selling contract up, i think that would be helpfull to a lot of people, not too me cos i'm not into the selling and leasing at the moment, but do wonder how a contract looks like..

Decibal

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Good idea RigorMortis. I figured it would have to be stated in the contract when you lease the beat. But, I think it would be pretty shady if they had just leased the beat off you and the next month someone bought it outright. They would basically be screwed outta their coin and the beat, not to mention their hard work on the lyrics for that specific beat... So, I'm still pretty curious how this would work. Maybe give them the first opportunity to buy the beat outright 1st? But then again, if you were leasing that beat to say 5 different people, it would be totally screwed to try that method.

Peace

dB

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
Decibal that is one of the number one complaints I hear when I lease tracks to artists that deal with producers that have no contracts or paper, especially some that have paid say 3 or 400 dollars which in my area is an average for a good track.....but then they find out that either the producer either didn't really produce it or they leased it to someone else, the entire time the artist thought they bought the beat outright...then they deal with me and I get to hear all of the bad stories that artists go tell about the producer that is shady...LOL.....or even worse it's a small world here and open mics....suppose that happened at an open mic where two peeps had the same beat and both thought they owned it.....it might be a good time to pack up your bags depending on who you sold that track too....