The Making of some of the legendary Dilla tracks

dahkter

Ill Muzikoligist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 4
Thanks for the post. Dilla is definitely one of the most gifted musicmakers in history, totally amazing. Five Hundred years from now, they'll still be playing that shit...

Hita_K

Dilltastic
ill o.g.
Nice. Dilla is the sickest, I had to listen to some of the songs as I read the article, jus to feel the vibe almost. Good Post. R.I.P Jay Dee

W

Waxer

Man I'm ashamed to say that I didn't even know who Dilla was until after he died. When I look through his discography I've got loads of his productions on vinyl...I kinda cooled on hip hop around 95-96 as I was just so caught up in realworld drama, working mad hours, kids, mortgage, business went pear shaped etc, and didn't check much for new stuff. So this year I picked up Scratch magazine and it had the Roots on the front with the Dilla interview and I was like Daaaaaamn! So since then I've started picking up his joints, and believe me I've had The Shining LP on constant rotation since I got it, it's dope.

Such a shame that someone like Dilla died so young.

Kinda reminds me of some dialogue from Blade Runner, where the replicant played by Rutger Hauer goes to see the guy that made him asking him for longer life and the maker says something like:

"He who burns twice as bright can only burn half as long, and you have burned so very brightly Roy"

I say no more. RIP.

A

Aoneeeee

great link R.I.P. DILLA..... one of my favorites.......one of the best ever

Vince

2Cool2BeAHebrew
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
... and believe me I've had The Shining LP on constant rotation since I got it, it's dope.

If you really wanna get into Dilla you GOT TO have the Slum Village LPs. They're a must in every music lovers collection.