The missing ingredient in rap music by Eurydice

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Yes, it was a very good read, good opinions. Eurydice's new article will be up this week, make sure to keep an eye open for that.

ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
Eurydice, indeed, that's a SUPERB article you've wrriten. We need more females such as yourself...
The underground scene is in a serious need of talented, intelligent and creative women.

Thanks for sharing your opinion with us.

Good Luck,
Wings

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
you know, I may sound shallow, but I really think it's the women's duty to be recongnized for what they are in this game... I mean Erika Badu, Bahamadia, Lauren Hill and Missy (well, sometimes) are the few women how seem to personify what they really are when they take their role of singers... So there is a way to do it. I think some girls decide to take the role of the bitch or the butch (or fall on the pressure) because it's easier... it falls into the mold of the mainstream hiphop. Bitches and Gangsters.

If there wasnt a single female being able to hold his own and do what they feel, that would be different, but it's not the case!

Deca

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I agree with the opinions but things have to change for men AND women equally.

first if it doesnt change in everyday life, why would it change in music. Music reflects on life so if your life is disorganised, 4sure the music will too.

second, when women understand that they shouldnt continue demeaning themselves by calling themselves hoes and stop doing it, we guys are gonna have stop using thes words to describe women in are music. we abuse of these words and end being desensitized so we dont care no more.

i mean, if your talking about a prostatute, i guess hoe is pretty much a given, but talking about your girlfriend or any other chick in the street... Guys, we boys gotta behave if change has to come.

sammy beats

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 17
I agree for the most part, however, I think missy elliot is more than you give her credit for. Under Construction was a hot album and I think missy talked about some pretty important issues in hip hop--getting back to the roots

That said, I think a big part of the problem is just the general public's tendency to stereotype rappers as being a black male that had to struggle to get where he is. People (wrongly) associate the struggle aspect of a rap artists backround with masculinity.

That's my two cents

T

The Bastard

sYgMa said:
you know, I may sound shallow, but I really think it's the women's duty to be recongnized for what they are in this game... I mean Erika Badu, Bahamadia, Lauren Hill and Missy (well, sometimes) are the few women how seem to personify what they really are when they take their role of singers... So there is a way to do it. I think some girls decide to take the role of the bitch or the butch (or fall on the pressure) because it's easier... it falls into the mold of the mainstream hiphop. Bitches and Gangsters.

If there wasnt a single female being able to hold his own and do what they feel, that would be different, but it's not the case!
or racist bitch (lauren hill) i really like missy tho,ever since she started

Wattz21XX

ILLIEN
ill o.g.

gram green said:
that was some real shit... jean grae aint no bullshit though....

yeah real nice article. it was koo to see that yall actually feel the same way bout women in hip-hop and that they do need more positive roles in the game. but I was really surprised to see that Jean Grae was not mentioned at all. she is def holdin it down. if u don't know I advise u check out some of her work.

pz

Wattz