The Music Industry is greedy,,,,

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 68
okay,,,dont ya see. Instead of taking these major releases over a let's say a six month span,,there being released mostly in the same month. Okay. Now look at it like this,,,they are all competin with eachother. Thats normal, but some are on the same label. So instead of letting the music sell on its own merit,,they have to release because "so and so" is releasin there album. This is not good when going into marketing status. You have to think about the economy on a whole. When gas prices are up as is the cost of living,,,how many CDs can you really afford to buy? And if big time artists are all competing in the same time span,,,then what? What I would of done is release my artists over the span of a few months. Let each artist sell on its own so that you can copp one album and wait for the next. You want to sell big in this industry and how can you do big numbers your first week with all the competition.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
You're right, they're being greedy. I know they're just out to make money but it's a little ridiculous when you see stuff like this happening. Imagine you're an artist on a big label and you're getting set to release your album during the first week of October but yet 5 other big artists, some on your label, are releasing theirs at the same time. The label promotes your stuff for a bit but then pushes you aside so they can focus on the next release. Not fair for each artist trying to release their music.

This is why the whole "I made it" mentality when someone gets signed means nothing today. It's not like it was years ago. Getting signed today just means more headaches. It's almost as if you're wasting your time trying to get signed to a big label unless you're definitely going to be a HUGE hit, otherwise you're just going to get lost in the shuffle.

N.Y.S.O.M.

A Beat Nut
ill o.g.
5th Sequence said:
crazy. i saw the point as to how it doesnt make sense to release everything at once when i first read it but you guys cleared that up there.

seems like the industry is choking itself

shyt u better off goin independent