the music you produce

Producer_GyaL

IllMuzik First Lady
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 182
Illmuzik is about music production, we all know. But the main music that you guys do, is it only Rap ? I always knew that rappers could spit on R&b joint. Maybe you guys prefer to hear R&b instead of produce it.. I really am wondering if the most of you prefer to hear Rap beat from other people in this site and if you dont mind hearing R&b.

Rap, hip hop and R&b are so close to each other. There is so many Style of rap beats. If a rap beat is too smooth, or to sweet, will you still listen to it ?

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 74
I never liked R&B and I fuckin hate ballads. Alicia Keys is hot. And I love 60s and 70s soul. That about it. Basically any R&B with more of a simple hard hip hop beat is the shit i can listen to. I definitely would not want to hear r&b from anyone on this site. Illmuzik is a dope hip hop site; we shouldn't dirty it up with r&b....

ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
Producer_GyaL said:
If a rap beat is too smooth, or to sweet, will you still listen to it ?

MOST DEFINITELY! Personally, i like R&B ;)
{as long as the track is not too cheesy...}

One,
Wings

Bosta

Hi Joka
ill o.g.
I feel totally different from clev. (no dis) I would love to hear r & b beats from yall. Why not add r & b to your catalog of beats, it will only make you better and might even expand your chances of getting in the game. I was listening to H-Town's new cd last night and that shit had me trying to make r & b beats. It's not as simple as it appears 2 be.

Pz

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
Bosta said:
I feel totally different from clev. (no dis) I would love to hear r & b beats from yall. Why not add r & b to your catalog of beats, it will only make you better and might even expand your chances of getting in the game. I was listening to H-Town's new cd last night and that shit had me trying to make r & b beats. It's not as simple as it appears 2 be.

Pz
I understand people like r&b, but isn't illmuzik.com strictly a hip hop site?

RigorMortis

Army Of Darkness
ill o.g.
well it says TAKING HIP-HOP PRODUCTION TO THE NEXT LEVEL....

I for one HATE rnb even gay people think it is gay,, nuff said!

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
RigorMortis said:
well it says TAKING HIP-HOP PRODUCTION TO THE NEXT LEVEL....

I for one HATE rnb even gay people think it is gay,, nuff said!
Speak on it brotha!

Producer_GyaL

IllMuzik First Lady
ill o.g.
please people, dont start any fight, i dont want my thread to be closed.
We all have to respect everyone opinion, included people who likes R&b! Also, you guys should have an open mind. This a big quality in the music business. Take a minute to look how every rap producers have worked also with R&b singers.
A producer can work much with a rapper and as much with singers.
When im talking about R&b, im not talking necessairly about Celine Dion (whatever) or Brian mcknight. Im talking about singers like Brandy, monica, ashanti, TLC, Missy, tyrese, because they have been signing with rappers in featuring.
Look, timbaland as worked with Justin Timberlake, that type of song is it an Rnb or Hiphop joint?

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
Producer_GyaL said:
please people, dont start any fight, i dont want my thread to be closed.
We all have to respect everyone opinion, included people who likes R&b! Also, you guys should have an open mind. This a big quality in the music business. Take a minute to look how every rap producers have worked also with R&b singers.
A producer can work much with a rapper and as much with singers.
When im talking about R&b, im not talking necessairly about Celine Dion (whatever) or Brian mcknight. Im talking about singers like Brandy, monica, ashanti, TLC, Missy, tyrese, because they have been signing with rappers in featuring.
Look, timbaland as worked with Justin Timberlake, that type of song is it an Rnb or Hiphop joint?
nAH, I feel your point. Its just that i know i'm not the only nigga on this site that enjoys the fact that its hip hop oriented. If anyone wants to discuss or post r&b it should be somewhere thats for that genre.

Producer_GyaL

IllMuzik First Lady
ill o.g.
hum..nate dog is also a singer. a west side signer. LLoyd banks have Rnb vocal in his beat....
i know this website is about our productions. Productions of everypart of the world. Im sorry we to see that some people here are strickly hiphop hardcore.

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
Nate Dogg is wack. Lloyd Banks is fuckin about as commercial as you can get. I make some r&b beats and work with a handful of r&b singers too. My point is just that this is a hip hop site, thats all. Thats like going on Sesame sTreet's website and posting your opinion about President Bush vs. Kerry, feel me?

Tim D

Bitchn' Bout IRS
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
I dont enjoy RnB, i hate when i hear hot RnB beats and then theres some terrible singer over it, i never got into it. i Agree with Clev, 60 70's soul is hot but i hate RnB

afriquedeluxe

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 221
i like rnb, recently id gotten into making that neo-soulish type stuff, pretty fun to make. but like clev said, i dont feel that we shud forget that this is a hiphop producton site. nevertheless i dont see why we cant discuss bout rnb beats everyonce in a while. as long as we dont base tha whole site on it.

ill o.g.
hmm, i'm with p.gyal on this one. we're a hip-hop site, that's correct. BUT NEVERTHELESS, R&B is a crucial part of the culture yo! you shouldn't hate on r'n'b!

Peace,
Wings

Ozmosis

Sound Tight Productions
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 201
The last modern R&B group that I listened to on a regular basis was Jodeci. I still listen to a ton of 60 & 70 soul/R&B. But becides Anthony Hamilton, Alicia Keys their the only ones I can really think of right now. Im not much of an Usher fan I dont have one album of his. I do have a three of 112's albums they were ok.

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
WingsOfAnAngel said:
hmm, i'm with p.gyal on this one. we're a hip-hop site, that's correct. BUT NEVERTHELESS, R&B is a crucial part of the culture yo! you shouldn't hate on r'n'b!

Peace,
Wings
I gotta disagree Wings, r&b was never part of the hip hop culture.

C

Copenhagen

R&B, Soul, Jazz, Trip-Hop even Drum'n'Bass etc uses parts of Hip-Hop and vice-versa, so it's only natural that genres like these are also a little part of Illmuzik.
I personally like most music as long as I find some good elements in it, either for sampling or just listening too and being inspired by, that includes R&B too.
Also, being that my productions are not only driven by love, but also the goal that it might one day be a living, I also cater to what is on the billboards. I know a lot of you don't care about this, but that's my view.

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
Copenhagen said:
R&B, Soul, Jazz, Trip-Hop even Drum'n'Bass etc uses parts of Hip-Hop and vice-versa, so it's only natural that genres like these are also a little part of Illmuzik.
I personally like most music as long as I find some good elements in it, either for sampling or just listening too and being inspired by, that includes R&B too.
Also, being that my productions are not only driven by love, but also the goal that it might one day be a living, I also cater to what is on the billboards. I know a lot of you don't care about this, but that's my view.
I see your point, but then does Rock n Roll have a part here too? Theres plenty of Rock that has hip hop influences and vice versa too. If thats the case, then every genre would have a place here at illmuzik. Don't misunderstand my point, i'm not saying fuck every other type of music expect hip hop. I listen to everything except country music. I just dont want to see this website get diluted with other shit. REAL, TRUE, UNFILTERED, ORIGINAL HIP HOP MUSIC.

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
"REAL, TRUE, UNFILTERED, ORIGINAL HIP HOP MUSIC"

is what, exactly?

that definition is 1. ENTIRELY subjective, and 2. rather limiting... and doesnt quite fit the motto of "taking hip hop to the next level".

to deny the inclusion of the elements that hip hop has to borrow from in order to even EXIST is a bit of a reach.

rock has a place on this website; it is neither the emphasis or the focus, but it has a place... case i npoint, "breath' was sampled from a rock song.

so, rnb has never been a part of hip hop culture? how about jazz?what about funk? electric funk? hell electric funk was a precursor to the mannie fresh's and lil johns, artists with styles that most of these purists would call definitively NOT hip hop, but half of those electric funk jams that countless b boys spend hours dancing to are rnb as can be...

too many classics to count were simple loops of something other than hip hop music... guru basically built a career off of spitting over jazz loops and breaks..

seriously, rnb more than has a place here and indeed in hip hop. especially now; the two have become so closely intertwined. hip hop borrows from so many elements to make it what it is and to say that those elements have no place here for open discussion and exploration, well... hey do you but dont front like it should be a rule or something..

members online