The MV8800

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
exactly, another marketing ploy by roland as usual, I love their equipment but to be honest when they drop something new in a family, like with the fantom etc, they do make changes but nothing drastic and especially with the synths as far as sounds they do nothing spectacular with new rom additions, I mean I just cant see getting this, even thought the mv8000 has been out like almost 4 years, people are just starting to 1. be able to afford it, and 2. starting to see how powerful that machine is....I think the price really held a lot of people from even considering the mv-8000, if I did not have the older fantom S to have traded in to get one I would not have been able to add the mv-8000 to the setup... so how much is this new piece? i do see a color stock lcd screen though but hell the ability to put any size lcd on the 8000 still trumps the color built in lcd, anything else that different?

micv30

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
mv8800 i think i saw it for $2295 and mv8000 now $1800. was thinking of getting one of them but like yall said it pricey. then a new motif series coming out next month too and the price on that bout $2200 66-keys man love to get both.

TheDeen

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
i do see a color stock lcd screen though but hell the ability to put any size lcd on the 8000 still trumps the color built in lcd, anything else that different?

Well, it has the VGA/mouse card as a stock feature + it seems that the synth engine has been expanded.

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
k, that's sort of cool I mean even though that VGA/mouse card is around $200 usd but Roland pretty much gave them away, by renewing the promotion every month to send in and register if you purchased the 8000 and it takes a total of 1 minute to install if you saavy... , hmmmm expanded synth engine ? well the one that comes with the fx is pretty cool if you you want some moog or old analog sounds as it is, I wonder if this is an expanded synth engine or just some more synth presets added to the fx rom?...because you can make presets with the one that is on the 8000 as it stands now and it is a synth the only way is if they put some sounds like would be found on the fantom then I would be really impressed, if someone demos this please put up some feedback...

TheDeen

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Big D,

On this page, it lists these two bullets of info seperately:

this
Sound Library Onboard
Create your own sounds or load up to 128 instruments or drum kits at once from the MV-formatted sound library that’s preinstalled on the hard drive. Newly created drum kits are provided, including a special collection of 16 vintage drum machines such as the legendary Roland TR-808 and TR-909. Acoustic and electric pianos, strings, guitars, horns, synth basses and other essential instruments are also included.

and this, which I'm guessing is the MV-8000 feature you're referring to:

Vintage & Modern Effects
An incredible lineup of modern and vintage effects is built into the MV-8800, including models of classic Roland SRV reverbs, SDD-320 Chorus, SBF-325 Flanger, Boss BF-2 and HF-2 pedals, and the legendary RE-201 Space Echo. The MV-8800’s multi-effects processor includes an Analog Modeling Bass that turns the MFX engine into a virtual SH-style bass synthesizer. All MFX knob tweaks can be automated as you mix.

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.
cuz at least a 24 bit u can work on audio for movies

O

OCTAIN 1200

Has the speed improved for this thing... I'm a akai user... but I keep seeing how everyone is feeling the MV-series... I know the specs... see the features... but when I'm in the store and I'm trying to "make" a simple beat... the thing won't move... (LOL, roland has always made some backwards a$$ gear... oh wait, they are the pioneers, ? OK, My backwards A$$ always has problems with their gear, LOL) from the off position It felt like watching paint dry... It reminds me of the Triton classic (floppys)

I'm sorry ya'll, that MV is just to expensive... the 8800 isn't any much different from the 8000... it's just rolands way to keep the price up on the same (basically) machine. (Like always, Fantom/S/X/XA)

The MVers shouldn't let that ish ride... I hoped they stepped up the speed... (Me learning how to use it, well that a different story)

1k-all-day-two5-stay-live LOL

ill o.g.
If You Dont Own A Mv 8000 Then Its Great For Those That Were Planning On Getting One, They Now Have An Improved Version For The Same Price They Were Going To Pay In The First Place... I Would Buy One If I Owned The 8000 Tho...

Hi-Lo

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
If You Dont Own A Mv 8000 Then Its Great For Those That Were Planning On Getting One, They Now Have An Improved Version For The Same Price They Were Going To Pay In The First Place... I Would Buy One If I Owned The 8000 Tho...

i just got the 8000 at sam ash for 1400, so i dont know..you'd have to be crazy to buy an 8000 for msrp these days.

dahkter

Ill Muzikoligist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 4
fucked around with the 8800 yesterday

I was on my lunch break, spent about three minutes on it. It's definitely a nice piece of gear, that color screen is real nice...
Considering the amount of time most of us spend in front of our drum machines, I think it would definitely be a dope piece of gear to own.

$Maximillion$

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
I'm saving up to buy this machine actually. I think its really dope cmon man the screen and mouse are both stock items? Thats really great.