The Neptunes

• beat this! voting starts in...

Phreeze

Stupa Hero
ill o.g.
What it is guys, I just want some feedback/opinions about the Neptunes...

I'll type back later with my opinion...

B

Briellz

Feedback on the Tunez huh?

Well, where should I start? I mean..these guys are really hot. They have a list of hits they made for a roster of artist.

Pharell is awsome on the drums/sampling part of the production part. Chad is good on the Keys....

The neptunes sound has been in for about 2 years now!

I don't know...I can't really speak on this guys because their just hot!

I love the Nerd CD!

Marval

I need work
ill o.g.
Yeah they have done very well for themselfs
and they desirve all of it but i ain't really fellin
that dance type beat they do but i do like some
of there work nuff respect due to the tunes.I
am a ruggid grimy type of beat fan.Premier etc.

J-UK

Um........
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
The Neptunes are definately good producers. I think about a year ago their sound was everywhere and a lot of the beats were sounding the same. Now though I think they are getting a lot better and bringing out more original stuff. I really like their production on the first Kelis album, that was when they sounded really fresh and new.

B

BeatOff

They are defanatly good nobody can hate on them for bringing new styles to the table. Now they are just over saturated in the market. But a dope beat is a dope beat and they have plenty of those. Its annoying though how everybody wants to run to the "Hot producers" and everybody else gets over looked. Even the neptunes them selves say they got numerous doors slammed in their face cuz they were "hot at the momment"

The Konductor

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
The Neptunes are the shizznitt! They are mad versatile. They play multiple instruments and Pharell's voice is sounds tight on some tracks. Yeah their stuff is mainstream. Show me one producer who would turn down an opportunity to go from makin nothin per track to makin $100,000 per track plus sales percentages, and I'll slap his or her bitch ass so hard that they'll produce country for a living.

V

vabeach

well the tunes are from va i live in va beach where there from i actually go to the same high school as the clipes..............when they were in school. but i met pharrel hes a real dude.and as far as there music its not that there hot as hell but they have created there own production style thats so sick.that why other producers are getting over looked b/c they want to sound like dre or swizz they need there production style that unique and thats what seperates the neptunes from everybody else there not afraid to put out some crazy soundin shit..............

there makin 350,000 a fuc*in tRACK NOW THAT IS COT DAMN!!!!!!!!!1

J

joblack00

I mean I have liked the Neptunes since NORE introduced me to them and it was fun listening to them because they were so different and they were mostly getting airplay through him...And it was funny to me back in high school when NORE would shout out Neptunes on his track and people who didn't know would be like huh...Remember OH NO at the end...

But anyways now that they are hot I got sick and tired of their vice grip on the market and how all of a sudden Premier wasn't in anymore and then I saw Neptunes progressing like doing the type of music that keeps you in the game for a minute like Dr Dre...

By producing the entire CLIPSE album at first I was like OH HELL NAWWWWWW but Neptunes did a tight ass job....I mean I still think that they could have sought ought a few other cats to get some shine on their album but overall the beats Netpunes did fit CLIPSE style just right... Now since they are mainstream people are fitting their style just to get on their beats... NORE didn't have to do that because he was already quirky as far as style....

And Pharell is a lover of music so if they were ever out of style you better believe he would re invent himself and get right back where he is...

It's hard to make beats if you ae not a lover of all types of music and know how to bring something you heard in rock overto rap or whatever and he is a master of that

milLion

buildin'
ill o.g.
neptunes are very individual -- and nice at what they do -- i remember nore shouting them out on melvin flynt too -- i've always liked their work

B

BeatOff

Originally posted by inrctyhoodmusic
did you that their first exposer in hip hop did not come from NORE....It came from Mase

Actually they produced Rump Shaker, co produced by teddy riley. They worked under teddy riley and he would take credit for most of the beats they did.

C

Copenhagen

Beatoff is correct, they worked under and produced stuff for Teddy for quite a few years.
It's funny though that you can't really hear any influences by Teddy Riley...or is that just me.

JP hardboiled

Find Your Fight
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 297
i'm sick of Pharell thinking he can sing..just cause he won an award for writing the deepest song ever "Rumpshaker"...that was being sarcastic..the Neptunes are so lame nowadays cause they never program any new sounds.

C

Copenhagen

I'm not as such tired of Pharell singing...I just think that he sounds to much like all time great Curtis Mayfield...an artist though, that he will never be able to match.

Knock Out

Rap's Genious
ill o.g.
Yeah the Neptunes are nasty, I'm feeling like 90% of thier beats they put out. As for Farell's singing shit... well.. that's a whole other discussion.

J-malice

PRODUCER ALMIGHTY!!
ill o.g.
there not really much tot hink about. They make hit after hit like lennox lewis. yea at time some beats sound similar to other but i guarantee u that you'll always know a neptunes beat when you hear one. and i aint really gone hate on da mans singin. it sound tite to me cuz he knows how to make a hit. he always has somethin catchy that'll get stuck in your head for the rest of the year.