The New AKAI MPK49, You Gotta See This!

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
I was eyeing that keyboard before I purchased my Axiom25. The price is $399 which isn't bad, the Axiom just has many of the same features at a much lower price $179! Not to mention the M-Audio keyboards tend to complement your software more easily. A patch download for your specific software and everything syncs right up. The MPK may do the same but I don't know. Either way it shouldn't be to hard to assign what you need. I haven't heard too much about it since it came out which makes me wonder about it. I haven't seen any reviews about it at all.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
ahhhhh, now I gotta check the Axiom, if it does about the same thing for alot less i'm interested...no doubt...good look'n on that one. The AKAI either was just released or hasn't been released yet and due at any day now, i mean its brand spanking new so you wont find any reviews on it yet.

-dac-

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
ahhhhh, now I gotta check the Axiom, if it does about the same thing for alot less i'm interested...no doubt...good look'n on that one. The AKAI either was just released or hasn't been released yet and due at any day now, i mean its brand spanking new so you wont find any reviews on it yet.

-dac-

Sweetwater.com has it already. http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/MPK49/

Here's the Axiom 61 it's $100 cheaper than the akai joint http://www.zzounds.com/item--MDOAXIOM61 the difference between the two is the number of keys and that the 61 has sliders and the 25 doesn't.
Both have the same number of drum pads (8). There's a 49 as well.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
Im checking the Axiom out now, Im leaning towards it for the time being on price alone, and I've been doing alot of research on M-Audio gear at the studio and they are really impressing me with their bang for the buck. M-Audio is putting out some high quality gear for less and thats always a plus in this type of work.

Once again...good look'n out.
-dac-

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
i think im gonna cop that 61 axiom too...

When I figure out if I'm going to add a room or redo a room at my house I'm upgrading to the 61 myself. Right now I got limited space so the 25 is cool.

Fabrik

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I got Axiom 49 few months ago and I'm lovin it. It syncs perfect with Reason. Great piece of equipment. You won't regret if you cop it.

dahkter

Ill Muzikoligist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 4
It's weird, I bought the Axiom49 and ended up returnin it. The pads were great, but I wasn't so crazy about the keys (the feel of the plastic + the action). I ended up gettin a Kontrol 49, better keys, shittier pads, got a great deal on it though, somehting like 149 at Guitar Center, it was used, works well though...
As cool as softsynths are, I still prefer a nice piece of hardware...

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
i have an axiom 25...the pads feel really nice.

Tru dat...just when I resurrected my MPC2G from the dead I cop'd the 25. Now the MP is collecting dust again! I really need to sell it, especially with the release of Reason 4.0. My Axiom25,ReDrum and the new RPG-8 makes the MPC obsolete for me. It's there, it looks good, but I never use it. I might put it on ebay for the Monica Loowwenski. lol

konceptG

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
my next purchase will be the Korg Kontrol 49.

korg_kontrol49.jpg

BluPHI!!!

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I've read the specs, saw the great looking lics, but IM STILL LEFT BAFFLED.....

Whats makes this superior besides he fact that it has a few features from the mpc series.

I presently own 2 MPC's and I also plan on selling thm both because my M audio OZONIC KICKS SUPERIOR BUTT!!!!

* A firewire interface
*Great inputs for other keyboards
*Lite weight 37 keys

This mpk cant touch the ozonic

DJ Redrum

Playin' For Keeps
ill o.g.
I picked up the Axiom 49 when they first came out last year, it's an ok keyboard for the price.

members online